Pics of the level kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the CCM 2.5" front and 1" rear level kit. Here is a picture.

Attachments

• tahoei.jpg
    tahoei.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 176

Pygeum

Reaction score
From that picture, it looks pretty level. Any plans to change the tires?

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you're happy about it and I dont want to bring you down... :) but....

What are the measurements under the front/rear of the side steps?

Some food for thought...

1) I have not seen one "leveling" kit yet that actually makes it level. They all seem to put the front end slightly higher than the rear.
2) If you "level" it out, as soon as you are driving it is definitely no longer "level". The rear end squats at least 1" while driving.
3) It is definitely not level if you have any load in the rear, rear passengers or towing

Additionally, I've been wondering what the adverse affects on the "Displacement on Demand" system which switches to V4 mode when you are driving on a "level" or downhill terrain. Now that you've raised the front of the vehicle compared to what used to be the baseline, it may never know when you are driving on level terrain, only downhill. This of course depends on where the instrument which is determining level is located. Not sure if its on the frame (in which case this wouldnt be an issue) but if it's anywhere else, this is obviously a problem.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think the displacement on demand or active fuel management has anything to do with driving downhill or level

im pretty sure it goes on percentage of power or strain that the engine is under

i think its 40% or less and it switches to 4 cyl mode

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that were the case it would be able to switch to V4 if you took your foot off the accelerator and coasted on an incline grade. It does not though. It nows you are not level or downhill and will stay in V8 mode.

I agree that acceleration plays a role as well. It pretty much only works if you are breathing on the pedal. Any more pressure and it will stay in V8 mode. :) However, it only switches to V4 when you are level or pointing downhill AND barely on the acclerator or not at all.

Again, when you are facing uphill (even the very slightest uphill grade) and coasting it will not come on. The description from GM also says it only functions when level or downhill. ;)

Pygeum

Reaction score
I'd be interested to read the tech article on how this actually works. I was under the impression that it did operate based on engine "demand". I don't have very many hills in my area and with that, I have the v4 come on all of the time. My neighbor "claims" that she was able to drive to work, some 10 miles, on V4 - all California coast line. I don't believe her, but if your theory is true, she may have had some air let out of her front tires. lol... However, you bring up an interesting point.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YOu got any side pictures? I kinda find it hard to see how level it is. It kinda looks like the front is slightly higher.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am away on business and will get some side pictures when I return next week. Yes, I will get larger tires when the OEMs where out. Probably 285/65/18 BFG ATs :).

It is slightly higher in the rear :). I think the problem with other level kits are that they do not provide a spacer for the rear coils. I have followed my wife while she was driving and I did not notice any squat in the rear. However, when I put heavy loads ~400 lbs in the back it does sit level and anything greater the rear will be lower.

I have not seen any adverse affects regarding the V4 mode. I do not think the V4 mode uses level switches/sensors, it should based on engine load. Please show us where you got this informatiion.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that were the case it would be able to switch to V4 if you took your foot off the accelerator and coasted on an incline grade. It does not though. It nows you are not level or downhill and will stay in V8 mode.

I agree that acceleration plays a role as well. It pretty much only works if you are breathing on the pedal. Any more pressure and it will stay in V8 mode. :) However, it only switches to V4 when you are level or pointing downhill AND barely on the acclerator or not at all.

Again, when you are facing uphill (even the very slightest uphill grade) and coasting it will not come on. The description from GM also says it only functions when level or downhill. ;)

with my edge evolution hooked up and the screen displays engine load....right at 40% the V4 kicks on and then V8 when above 40%

not trying to argue with you or prove you wrong but let me know where you found this info

Pygeum

Reaction score
I agree with emann. I tried while driving to work on the freeway. I coasted up hills while in V4, slowing from 75 down to 60. I will try this again after I get my lift.

Sorry for the tread jack - Zed. I think its an acceptable height. I don't think it looks out of balance. I would be interested to see how your tire selection fills out your wheel wells. Keep us posted!

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some more pics :D.

100_7967.jpg

100_7966.jpg

100_7968.jpg

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new tires would look good but honestly it doesnt look bad at all with the stockers on there... great job

where did you get the kit and what did you use in the back... how much all that run with the install if you dont mind....

Great job!

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased the lift kit from CCM offroad for $139. The kit includes 2.5" front and 1" rear spacers. A local 4x4 shop installed them for $230 - 2 hours labor with alignment.

Yeah, the stock tires with the lift looks pretty good. No complaints :).

Atvkrazy06

Reaction score
When you get your new tires, could you let me know how much clearance you have in the back between the tire and fender..? and put up a side picture to see just how level it sits. thanks

GMTech48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested to read the tech article on how this actually works. I was under the impression that it did operate based on engine "demand". I don't have very many hills in my area and with that, I have the v4 come on all of the time. My neighbor "claims" that she was able to drive to work, some 10 miles, on V4 - all California coast line. I don't believe her, but if your theory is true, she may have had some air let out of her front tires. lol... However, you bring up an interesting point.

there is no "level sensor" the ecm takes info from numorous sensors to determine eng. load, also vehicle speed. The following is straight out of "the book" on what will inhibit V4 oper.:

Listed below are the powertrain conditions that will inhibit V4 mode, while operating under light load driving conditions:

• Engine manifold vacuum low

• Brake booster vacuum pressure low

• Accelerator pedal position rate of increase too high, electronic throttle control

• Accelerator pedal position too high, electronic throttle control

• Ignition voltage out of range

• Engine oil pressure out of range

• Engine oil temperature out of range

• Engine RPM out of range

• Transmission gear incorrect

• Transmission range incorrect

• Transmission gear shift in progress

• All cylinders activated via scan tool output control

• Minimum time in V8 mode not met

• Maximum V4 mode time exceeded

• Engine oil aeration present

• Decel fuel cutoff active

• Fuel shut-off timer active

• Minimum heater temp low, HVAC system

• Reduced engine power active, electronic throttle control

• Brake torque management active

• Axle torque limiting active

• Engine metal over temperature protection active

• Catalytic converter over temperature protection active

• Piston protection active, knock detected

• Hot coolant mode active

• Engine over speed protection active

• Fault Active or Fault Pending--cylinder deactivation is disabled for the following faults:

- Brake Booster Vacuum Sensor

- Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor

- Engine Oil Pressure Sensor

- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor

- Vehicle Speed Sensor

- Crankshaft Position Sensor

- Engine Misfire Detected

- Cylinder Deactivation Solenoid Driver Circuit