Computer re-flashed w/ 22" Wheels???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere on here that the dealership could reflash your computer if you upsize your wheels up to 22 inches. What does this do? If I were to take my Tahoe to the dealer and have them reflash the computer to account for my 22" wheels, what would that do for me? Would it drive better? Better gas mileage?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

RDosdorian

Reaction score
This is nothing more than a guess.... but it would likely recalibrate the speedometer to account for the difference in tire size. This would affect the odometer as well.

Last edited:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere on here that the dealership could reflash your computer if you upsize your wheels up to 22 inches. What does this do? If I were to take my Tahoe to the dealer and have them reflash the computer to account for my 22" wheels, what would that do for me? Would it drive better? Better gas mileage?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Besides correcting the speedo, it'll also correct for the ABS, ESC, etc. But from all that I've heard, you'll have to go to an Esky dealer as Chevy only can go to 20".

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides correcting the speedo, it'll also correct for the ABS, ESC, etc. But from all that I've heard, you'll have to go to an Esky dealer as Chevy only can go to 20".

If I go to a Caddy dealer, will they do it for me for free w/o hassles you think?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I go to a Caddy dealer, will they do it for me for free w/o hassles you think?

Well kid, ya gotta ask yourself, "Do I feel lucky?" (apologies to Clint Eastwood)

Seriously, it just depends on the service dept. Most will probably charge you though. Good luck. :thumbsup: