Best Reverse Camera?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have the oem nav unit with the 5th Gen Lockpick and I'm looking for the best option for a backup camera. I'm going to use the input and power supply from the lockpick , so I only need a camera.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I've installed several bu cam brands, and the best so far that I have come across is the Pioneer ND-BC2. It has a nice 135* viewing angle and great resolution. Contrast ratio is good, and the picture at night is decent even with just the vehicle's reverse lights as the only source. It's fairly small and completely weatherproof. I install a lot of these with good results and have had one on my truck for a couple years w/o any problems at all.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You're best bet would be on-line to get the best deal. They retail in most car electronics shops roughly for about $150-$170. You can find them on-line cheaper than that. Just go to Google and type in Pioneer ND-BC2 back-up camera.

PhxIrn

Reaction score
Are there any after-market BU cameras that will fit (neatly) on the factory lift-gate for 2007+ 'hoes?

Last edited:

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same question here. I wold love to upgrade my factory rear cam. Its view is not very accurate. If the backup senser beeps wasn't installed, you'd surely hit something.

:D

Sinjin

Reaction score
There is, I just had one installed on my 07. I have the NAV, but didn't have the backup camera. The dealer had a radio installer put in one by Rostra. It's a little bigger than the factory one. But it fits in the factory location perfectly. It also has very good low light ability. At night the camera view looks like day time. Their web site is www.rostra.com.