Leveling Kit & Wheels/Tires Are On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

codythom

Reaction score
I finally got my wifes 2007 Yukon leveling kit, wheels, & tires put on and it turned out great. We ended up putting a 2.5" CCM leveling kit in with the 1" spacer in the rear and it seems to sit pretty level.

She was dead set on the rockstars and nothing bigger than 20's, so we ended up putting on 18x9 black rockstars & 285/65 18's. It only rubs at full lock whenever you back up on a steep driveway so we can live with that.

The next thing on the list is to take off the stock running boards & put on some n-fabs, put on an exhaust, & then put a tune in it for her. We were also contemplating on whether to put a 3" body lift on it for her so it doesn't rub at all & gets her up a little bit more. Do ya'll think it needs any more of a lift? Let me here your thoughts, opinions, etc. on how it turned out.

Really dark bad pictures of before it was leveling & had 265/70 17 BFG's:

000_0295.jpg

000_0296.jpg

Now here are some pictures of how it turned out after the leveling kit & wheel/tires:

000_0297.jpg

000_0299.jpg

000_0300.jpg

000_0303.jpg

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Nice job; I like it. I think it looks good just the way it is.

LTZBluez

Reaction score
Looks really good. I would just leave it and skip the body lift.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great and I have the same kit :). Leave as is, no body lift kit. What is the backspacing on the rims?

Now I need to get some new tires...

Pygeum

Reaction score
Looks great. I'm glad to see you got a set up that doesn't push the front tires out past the fenders.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also like to know the backspacing on those rims.....

I want to do the same thing but I am thinkin about using the stock z71 rims with the same tires and I am wondering how much rub I will get

anyway it looks awesome....those are my favorite rims, i would put those on mine if i changed them

codythom

Reaction score
Sorry I'm just getting back on here, and I noticed the questions regarding backspacing. The backspacing is 5" & the offset is 0 mm. Any other questions, just let me know.

You will have no problems running this size on stock wheels leveled. They may not even rub without a leveling kit. They rubbed a little bit on the fender liners at first, but after a little bit of trimming and molding they fit great. There is no way thought to run these wheels & tires without a leveling kit due to the offset.

halem23

Reaction score
I did the same thing on my fiance's '08... I am happy with the lift, but haven't found a set of wheels yet. We know we want something black, and I really like the way yours look.

We did the exhaust already on ours. We went with a magnaflow muffler and 3" pipe dumped near the spare tire. Sounds great under acceleration and when in V8 mode, but when it goes into V4 mode, it makes a bit more noise. This topic might be covered in another forum, but just something to consider. The guy at the shop said the Magnaflow is the "least anooying in V4 mode"...

ncwchockey14

Reaction score
awesome yukon, looks good with the kmc rockstars. is that a ranch hand bull bar? i intend to do very similar things to my tahoe. how'd you choose a leveling kit?

codythom

Reaction score
Yes, it is a Ranch Hand grille guard. After doing lots of researching and talking to some people on some other sites this one seemed to be the most popular for a few reasons: Quality kit, easy install, & really good price.

btrftw

Reaction score
looks badass, no need for a body lift dude.

how much did the rim/tire setup set you back?

whered u get the kit?

codythom

Reaction score
looks badass, no need for a body lift dude.

how much did the rim/tire setup set you back?

whered u get the kit?

This wheel/tire setup cost around $1,900 installed, so I feel like I got a pretty good deal. I got the CCM leveling kit off of ebay.

Dirty brown hoe

Reaction score
for more clearance unbolt the black front air dam under the bumper. i did and got a razor blade and cut off the lip from the bumper. i got so much more clearance and it make the brush guard look better. look at my pics.

AlohaJeff

Reaction score
Another Black Yukon on dark wheels:
11162008_yukon_10.jpg

CST Adjustable Coilover - providing 2" Lift over stock
Icon Rear Shocks - Stock Height
American Racing Thug 17x8.5
Nitto Terra Grappler 285/70/17 - E Range
Pulled the factory air dam

The coilover made a night and day difference off-road. On the street it's still smooth but the benefit of the coilover doesn't make itself known until you get out in the dirt.

Aloha