Wireless Headphones and Remote not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bayourocket

Reaction score
I just bought a 2007 Yukon Denali with factory installed dvd. It did not come with wireless headphones or a remote for the dvd system. I bought them on ebay and put new batteries in. There is no communication at all on any of it.

Has anybody ever had the IR sensor and transmitter go out in the vehicle? The vendor believes that it should work and seems knowledgable about the devices and how they work. He also had very good ebay feedback.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can check if the IR transmitter is working by pointing a video camera at the transmitter. You should see the IR "light" in the viewfinder or on the recording.

bayourocket

Reaction score
Yes, tried both channels.

I didn't know about the video camera trick. The remote I bought is sending signals, the truck just isn't receiving. I did not see any transmitter working on the truck. I assume it is located in the tinted "window" at the front (pointing to rear of vehicle) of the lcd screen module. I guess it just doesn't work????

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more obvious thing: the headsets won't work in the front row. My salesguy tried to get me to test them from the front seat while he sat in the back and turned on the DVD player. I had to tell them that they were line-of-sight headsets.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more obvious thing: the headsets won't work in the front row. My salesguy tried to get me to test them from the front seat while he sat in the back and turned on the DVD player. I had to tell them that they were line-of-sight headsets.

what i did on my 06 with dvd to solve that is use a wired headphone pluged in to the jack in the back, works great for a front seat passenger.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got them working or what? and did you get the exact model for the 2007 Denali/Escalade??

I can't find my remote and I just had to order a new one. Googled and found a set that included 2 headphones and the remote for $55. I hope all goes well.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e91e_1.JPG