Need help with sub install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

car-15

Reaction score
Hello all! I have a 2007 Tahoe with factory Navigation and Bose. I already have a sub box and amp and wiring kit.

I want to know what is the best thing to use to hook it up? If I use the PAC audio adapter AOEM-GM1416 and only use 2 of the 4 outputs will I still have chimes and turn signals?

I just want to keep everything the same but add a sub.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated!

b's07hoe

Reaction score
i have that adapter, would sell it to you actually. Real easy to hook up, retains all factory options, you can do what i did and hook it up to the rear rca's and whether you wanted to turn it up or down you can use the rear fader as the front speakers are usually all you need.

pm me if you want to buy it. I went all out instead of just buying a sub

car-15

Reaction score
i have that adapter, would sell it to you actually. Real easy to hook up, retains all factory options, you can do what i did and hook it up to the rear rca's and whether you wanted to turn it up or down you can use the rear fader as the front speakers are usually all you need.

pm me if you want to buy it. I went all out instead of just buying a sub

Not sure that I follow you. Are you saying that if I only use 2 outputs that all of my factory speakers will work and all of the chimes, signals etc. will work?

Also, does tha adapter just add outputs, or does it bypass them?

Like I said, I don't want to have to monkey with anything, I just want to hook up a sub!!

Thanks!

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The adapter just adds RCA outputs. Your speakers will still work just fine.

djxristos88

Reaction score
when you hook up the pac adapter you wire it into any of the speakers. you wire the + and the - of the pac to the + and - of any of the speakers in the car. that is done just so you can send a signal to the amp. then hook your rca's from the pac to the amp and set your amp to LP and your done!!

djxristos88

Reaction score
ok i just did some research on the AOEM-GM1416 and relized it wasent the same unit i thought it was but yes you plug it in and it works just run your rca's from the output on the pack to your amp and that it

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RCA's connect between the PAC adapter and your amp. Your speakers, or your sub, need to be connected directly to the amp as well.