Howd you fill the hole?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newmarketEOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an aftermarket head unit and now have the hole in the dash now where the stock CD player was below the heater controls

What have you all used to fill this void?

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a CB in it for awhile, now it houses the switch for my E-locker (big ass switch) and the AMP bass boost controller. still some more room for the roof rack lights when i get that far, and possibly a couple others.

you can also get the Factory Pocket to put in there from the dealer or Ebay for around $20

qlc1964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can buy the map pocket that goes there. someone on this site has the part #

for it. are you can try the junk yard where i got mine .

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a CB in it for awhile, now it houses the switch for my E-locker (big ass switch) and the AMP bass boost controller. still some more room for the roof rack lights when i get that far, and possibly a couple others.

you can also get the Factory Pocket to put in there from the dealer or Ebay for around $20

do you know if the roof marker lights from a gmt 800 would fit on these, i like the new style lights better.

96cherry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put my EQ in there had to fab the dash trim but looks good

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
96cherry, can you post a pic of that EQ install? I wanted to do it, but didnt, cause i couldnt think of how to support that 1/2 din ( is that what its called) in that space.
I think the EQ i saw was a 9 channel or 11 channel sony somethingorother.

newmarketEOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the factory pocket attactch? This has been an empty hole sense i bought the truck, and inside of the dash is all butchered like the PO had done something in there.

I might just make a switch panel to fit, anybody know where i can get flat sheets of that crinkle finish black dash plastic?

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the cd player fit just like the stock radio, uses those slide in clips on the side.

i build a switch plate/box out of a gutted stock CD player for (so far) the big switch for the Electric Locker and the AMP bass control. need to pull it back out and add a couple more switches for more offroad lights, and get the face of it painted or vinyled.

the goose

Reaction score
yeah any major stereo shop should sell a gm pocket to go where the factory cd player goes. the pocker slides right in and locks in like the factory cd player does.

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
96cherry, can you post a pic of that EQ install? I wanted to do it, but didnt, cause i couldnt think of how to support that 1/2 din ( is that what its called) in that space.
I think the EQ i saw was a 9 channel or 11 channel sony somethingorother.

second that. i wanna see how it was done so I can follow suit