Anyone have the advcance 2-way remote start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeLTZGirl

Reaction score
I recently purchased the GM advanced 2-way remote start alarm for my 2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ... and it did not come with any instructions etc.. does anyone have this alarm and have instructions on how to install it? any info would be very appreciated thank you!
:eek:

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installs in the rear driver side cargo area panel I believe. It also requires Tech 2 programming from the dealer. You must bring all your remotes, so they can reprogram them all.

I am looking to add this but the one dealer I went to so far has no clue what it is or how to install and can not give me an install price, or warranty information if I install(plug the damn thing in myself).

Let me know what you find out if you take a trip to the dealer.

rahrens

Reaction score
My dealer arranged the installation. They had another company come to the dealership, so I never saw them. I think it cost about $60. They didn't ask for both of my remotes, so now the one that was left at home doesn't work. Be sure to take both with you for installation. I love the way the system works, but the key fob is really big to carry around in your pocket. Small price to pay to be able to check my tire pressure from my office.

pfs3280

Reaction score
Took my 07 Yukon in yesterday at 8:00 AM to have this installed. Was told 1 1/2- 2hrs. They called me at 4:00 PM to tell me they're keeping it overnight so they can call GM tech assitance today to help get it working. Nothing's every easy is it?

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I accually put a call into GM customer service to help me with the issue since the dealers didn't seem to want to help me. He called the dealer yesterday to try and get all the info I wanted. He got the part number I needed and price for it yesterday when he called them. The dealer said they would have to call him back today after they figure out the pricing and how to do it. So we will see how this goes today. I guess I will be the J O that called GM when I take it there for install.

mohspeed

Reaction score
I had to go to several dealearships to get someone who actually would do this for me. One dealer went so far as to say we would have to do some research and then would be able to install and program for you for $600! I told him to go fly a kite and took it to another dealershep that charged me $60. However, after like 4 hours they called me back and said they were having problems programming the remote. They told me the remote I had bought from the other dealership was faulty and ordered a new one for me under a parts "warranty." Once they got the new remote, they were able to program the darn thing and all is good now. Price and time you pay for a little gadget.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$600 for a $60 job. Those are the kind of S.O.B.s that contribute to an unhealthy market and bad service reputations in general. You would think that rip-off mechanics would not include a factory endorsed dealership. Don't know what good it would do but I would raise hell with GM corporate.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, GM customer service called me back today and gave me the scoop. $150 (which I expected)for the unit, because I already have remote start but they want to charge me $146 for the install. Thats no $600 but I am not going to pay double the install cost that everyone else in paying. I will pay in the lower $200 area, but I will not pay the $296 on principle. I tryed to ask the rep why the install is double what I hear everyone else pays, but it was usless and I gave up on it fast. Needless to I will not be buying or will stop at some other dealers and see if I get luck.

You would think that in GM's all mighty wisdom, they would have this install priced out like every single other service they provide.

pfs3280

Reaction score
They did get mine working by the next morning, but they had me a little worried when they said thewy were having trouble with it. Everything seems to work, and they didn't mess anything up. $175 for the install which is probably a little high, but without access to the dealership only tools, they got you by the b***s and, of course, they know it.

bayourocket

Reaction score
What is "advanced 2 way remote start"? I have a 2007 Denali. Is that the same system that I have? Remote start, lock, unlock, rear lift gate, rear window open. What am I missing?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two-way remotes are remotes that send signals to the car, and then the car can also send info to the remote, like gas remaining, tire pressure, milage, alarm status and so on. Your traditional remote only sends signals to the car, the car does not send anything back at all.
I know that Rollin Thunder (a user on here) has remote start on his Yukon but apart from that I'm not sure of anyone else that has it on an 07Up Yukon so you can ask him more about it. Look for the "Two way remote installed with pictures!!" by TN Tahoe(another user) thread and you'll see what it is compared to what you have.

Last edited:

destro77

Reaction score
I don't understand why there are such big differences in the prices that the dealers give people. Have we not spent enough on these expensive gas guzzlers.The Dealer told me 450 for the advanced alarm installed. New york chevy dealers suck maybe i should try a neighboring city.

GMTech48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put mine in..took about an hour with programming.....those dlrs. are nuts with those prices!!!

chadwick02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got mine in today. 140 for the unit and like 150 for the labor, installation + programming all from the dealer. If anyone is in the new england area and looking for a good dealer to do this, let me know. The service dept @ my dealer is awesome!!

On a side note (and I should have done more research) at first experiance I guess I am a little disappointed with the 2 way remote. Its big - on paper and in pictures it doesn't look much bigger then the stock remote, but in real life it is bigger and clunkier. Time will tell if its too big to keep in my pocket on a regular basis, but I'm not too excited about it. And again, the features look cool in pictures and online, but once you get it in your hand, it doesn't really do much more then the factory remote, and I honestly don't need to check my tire pressure or fuel from my FOB. It is very cool though, which is why I got it. But now that I have it and see how it works, its debatable if its worth the $300 +/- it costs, and I am a guy that loves gadgets...

mohspeed

Reaction score
Yes. When you start it remotely, there's circular arrow that begins to rotate and your ten minute timer counts down.

Last edited:

rahrens

Reaction score
Yes. It tells you if it locked or unlocked, if started and how long before it turns off, tire pressure, fuel level, odometer, and time as set on vehicle's clock. Basically, each command receives a confirmation that it worked or out of range.

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the 2-way remote tell you if it is running or not?

Yes, and it shows how much time is left on the auto start (10 min run time)

You have to hit any button to bring up the display to see it.