rough country lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97 2door tahoe

Reaction score
i thinkin about a 6inch roughcounrty suspension lift and it doesnt come with extended brake lines...do i need them???? im planning on doin a little wheeling and prolly silverlake sanddunes sometime, also would i need a new front and rear driveshaft. if i do can i just buy the driveshafts off a 4door tahoe and the yokes match up, Hit me up

97dr hoe

newmarketEOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 6 inch RCX lift came with extended front brake lines.

In the rear it could really use one, the brake line is pretty taught.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah you'll have to get extended front ones, and should get the rear with it (they are usually sold in sets of three if you get stainless) my procomp kit came with the fronts, and i got my hands on a rear that will go on with the rear disc kit in the next couple weeks.

the rear line (on the 2-doors anyway) have a bad tendency to rub on the fuel tank plate and shred the outer line.

newmarketEOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also to add, if you plan on jumping your truck you may want to upgrade from the included shocks. My truck bottoms out when going airborn, and is rather bouncy at speeds.

(4 door tahoe on the 6 inch RC lift kit)

97 2door tahoe

Reaction score
Thanks 96Procomp and Newmarket! nice, ya im upgrading to the nitro 9000 shocks, and to 96procomp would the extended brake lines keep it from rubbing the brake line?...also i dont wanna spend $600 on a dual cardon drive shaft, any ideas?

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you'll only want to put a dual cardon drive shaft in the front, as higher speeds make them wear out really fast, if you don't have autotrac you should be fine with the front shaft, and a regular drive shaft shop can legthen the rear shaft if needed.

my rear shaft is getting dropped off to be legthened tomorrow afternoon.

and the rear brake line shouldn't rub at all once its lifted, the lift pulls it out alot straighter and it shouldn't rub even with the extended lines.

97 2door tahoe

Reaction score
so does anyone know if the 4door front driveshaft is long enough to do the job on a 6'' lift or no...if i have to i can get a aftermarket one but i get a big discount from gm on any parts, thats y i am askin.....thanks!!!!!

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shouldn't be any different on the front shaft, just the rears.

2 and 4 doors had the same engine, trans, and T-case in them so spacing between the T-case and the front differential is the same.

97 2door tahoe

Reaction score
ok, man im glad u guy r helpin me with this cus i would b LOST without the help. hey have u heard of a part called clear gearz.its a clear diff ....look it up on youtube cus its SWEET. i wanna get 1 for my truck but there r no reviews for it...let me know wut u guys think, i dont want it to break on something. only Like $165