tires with no lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cluster

Reaction score
Hi,

Yup im new to the forum and to tahoes as well pretty much....
have owned alot of chevys and all i drive but its time to step up to a full-size!
owned a (2) z24s
(3) s10 blazers
and one s10 pickup fully modded (still have her, actually thats why i need the tahoe... to pull it to shows)

i been wanting one for awhile but im picky!
only wanted a 2 door 95-99 model
LS (dont like leather)
4x4 (dont need 2wd)

the color i made a exception on... im getting a green one and kinda wanted white or black but it will do....

i test drove it today and drives great for a 95 with 145K....

anyways to my question... i see it has the stock size tires i assume 245/75??

what is a good tire size i could run without lifting at this point and no rubbing... 285/75? 33"+ would rub i assume

:Chevy:

spot me 2

Reaction score
The biggest tire you can run without a lift is a 285/75/16. if you don't want it to rub. You may still need to crank up the torsion bars a little.

Lizard1

Reaction score
i had a 99 yukon SLT 4wd 4door that i sold in 2003 with 60K miles for $14K that wish i still had. nerf bars, ranchhand front brush guard, fender flares and a loud exhaust. thing ran like a top. sorry reliving the past :(

but anyways, i ran BFG all terrains that were 285s. looked great and no rubbing issues whatsoever. these tires IMHO really complete the truck

Cluster

Reaction score
thanks for getting back to me on this :)

i plan on lifting it and putting some nice size tires on it in the long run so cranking the bars up isnt a big thing (actually i might wanna do that anyways and give it a little lean :)) im just not looking to put alot of money into the suspension till late in the year but to start out im thinking the All Terrain or Mud Terrain BFGs 285/75

my current project is the exact opposite lol
94 s-10
3.5" body drop on air bags