More miles!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guardian

Reaction score
Well, since I last posted in May, I've put another 6,000 miles on my 2008 Z71 Tahoe. Just about ready to go in for my second oil change!

What's gone wrong in the first 12,000 miles? Absolutely nothing!

My Z71 still drives like a dream and except for my failed stupid attempt to park next to a wall extention in a parking garage, the Tahoe still looks as good as the day I bought it. I scraped the rear passenger wheel molding while trying to park. Just my luck my wife was sitting in the passenger seat telling me that I was too close to the wall. Next thing I knew I was rubbing up against that wall. I think I could just have the dealer pull that part off and replace it and everything would look just like new. My wife will still keep reminding me about it, though!

Still, after 12,000 miles I haven't had any problems. No noticable squeeks or rattles. Carpet and seats still look new even after taking four Grandkids down to Corpus Christi for the weekend! Oh, and let me tell you how valuable that rear seat entertainment system is. The Kids watched 5 movies on our trip down and back. And when the Kids had their IPods working the wife and I listened to the XM Decades stations (60s & 50s). Very enjoyable trips.

I guess I should replace the wiper blades when I take it in for the next oil change. We haven't had much rain in San Antonio so I haven't used the wipers all that much.

This could be just luck but I've had some rocks hit the windshield pretty hard on a few trips but so far not a single crack or chip. I had a Ford Expedition and got a windshield crack on our first trip in that vehicle. Same thing with my Ford Explorer.

I had some mud flaps installed and a hood deflector but other than that, this is a stock 2008 Z71 Tahoe. I don't monitor the gas mileage cause if I was worried about that I wouldn't have bought the Tahoe in the first place. On my trip in May we were paying $3.40-$3.60 for gas. Yesterday, I put in about 15 gallons at $2.44/gal for about $36. Real nice filling up the tank for that price. Hope everyone else keeps buying those gas sippers so I can have plenty of fuel for my Z71!

Ok, I'll stop babbling. I got a great vehicle. Hope everyone else is enjoying their Tahoe as much as I am mine!