Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PAZach

Reaction score
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction of an exhaust for my Tahoe. Looking for something will a low quiet rumble, nothing overbearing. Was thinking about Billy Boat, Magnaflow, or Flowmaster. Any clips or advice would be appreciated.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try the websites. Most have sound clips. One, I think either Corsa or Borla, had a 07 Tahoe on it. I got the GM Perf. catback but haven't had time to put it on yet. :mad:

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Magnaflow kit. Has a very nice sound to it at startup (enough to let you know it isn't stock - sounds like a truck should)...when you get on the skinny pedal, it sounds real nice...not a raspy, raucous sound, just a nice muscular V8 sound. But the best part is when you are cruising, it is not much louder than stock - no drone! Believe me, in my Camaros and GTOs, I loved the Flowmaster noise all the time, but for the Tahoe I wanted something mellow with a little more noise on the outside, and not much on the inside - the Magnaflow is exactly that.

Also, fit and quality of parts supplied was excellent, everything went together just fine - took me just over an hour to cut the stock exhaust out and install the Magnaflow...looks awesome in its stainless steel (muffler is actually POLISHED stainless!) - too bad it is hidden from view. Real nice tip also.

I'm very happy with mine, I'd recommend it. I've only noticed a slight increase in MPG, but that is probably because I have been driving it just a tad more enthusiastically to enjoy the rumble!

PAZach

Reaction score
Magnaflow sounds like what I want. I've owned a Charger and Mustang. Had JBA and Flowmaster's on them. Drone was pretty loud. Looking for something that has a nice low rumble but I don't want it to be loud yet I want something a little more than stock. Sounds like Magnaflow is a good choice.

Any chance we could get a sound clip?

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not very computer savvy, so it may be a while...I'll try to get my brother (computer geek!) to get a sound clip next time I see him...

I think a system like the Magnaflow is the ticket for the Tahoe...we all have very subjective tastes in exhaust sounds, but the Tahoe is so quiet and smooth I didn't want to ruin that with a droning exhaust all the time...to me, the Magnaflow is just right. On my 04 GTO, I didn't care much for the Magnaflow, as it wasn't near loud enough (totally different driving experience), and I went with Super 40s and cut out the resonators...sounded bitchin! But again, two different animals!

Donzi4me

Reaction score
http://www.gmaccessorydealer.com/exhaust/exhaust-yukon.mp3

I'm going with GM touring system. I wanted the magnaflow, but after the tahoe got rearended and the exhaust was bent, I'm having the body shop put on the performance touring system. I just have to pay the price difference between stock and performace system. A little over $100... I'll let you know how it sounds...

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great link! Does anyone know who manufactures the aftermarket exhuast systems for GM? Also, which of those do you think would give the best gain in MPG?

I've come so close to pulling the trigger on the Magnaflow setup, but I just haven't done it. Not sure whats stopping me, but I think its just b/c I want better MPG....

Eric137

Reaction score
thanks KPANZA.....I ordered the Magnaflow cat-back kit....should be in on Monday....didn't want extra noise inside, which is why I went with your advice.....some people in that line of work in my area concurred with what you said....
Eric

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eric - no problem, glad I could help you in the decision. I think you'll be happy with it, I know I (still) am. I get compliments all the time on the sound and the quality of the components (tip looks 1000 times better than that ugly stock tip!) I was especially impressed with the ease of installation, which I did in the driveway with basic tools...I've had "other" brands catbacks that didn't quite fit as advertised...always seemed to have to tweak one thing or another...but the Magnaflow was perfect fit...very impressed.

When something works as well as the manufacturer claims, I like giving them props...all too often we only hear from those who have negative feedback on websites like this...I don't sell these or own any stock in Magnaflow, just giving my honest opinion (which is what I appreciate from others when I am looking for advice!)

Enjoy the system!

OCTAHOE

Reaction score
My neighbor owns a muffler shop and he hooked me up with a custom Dual Magnaflow Exahust Set up. He talked me out of going with the actual Magnaflow System... I had the Flowmaster on my 02 Tahoe and it was so loud...The Magnaflow sounds great when you get on it and it is quiet on the freeway which keeps the boss happy when she drives it.
B

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 59