need new tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speedr1023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What brand and size of tire does anyone recommend for my '99 Tahoe. The local tire store says that I should bump up to the next size 265/75/R16 from the stock 245's. I have the toyo's on now but need to be replaced. I liked them but the consumer reports says it's not a good tire. What does everyone else use? by the way i live in CT and travel to a second home in VT alot, so snow is a factor

Last edited:

'97Tahoe

Reaction score
new tires

do you want a big offroad tire, a good tire for stock height, or a small enough tire to still drop it? lemme know and i can help you out

speedr1023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a stock size would do fine, however i've heard that you should increase one size for stability issues. any truth to that?

'97Tahoe

Reaction score
new tires

i would go stock size or one size smaller

as long as the tire sidewall isn't smaller than 45 you should be ok as far as stability

'97Tahoe

Reaction score
nes tires

the width should definitely be increased for stability but sidewall like i said shouldn't be smaller than 45 or 50

speedr1023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the help i ended up going with the 265/70/16's toyo open country