1" body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepdog33

Reaction score
Does anybody know where to get one for a '96 4door? Thanx in advanced!

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are you trying to achieve with a 1" body lift?

smallest i've seen is the regular 3" body lift, may be able to find a 2" but a 1"?

jeepdog33

Reaction score
I'm not crazy about the looks of body lifts, but I want just a littlt more height!

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you already have a lift on the vehicle? if not you can crank the torsion bars up a bit in the front and put an add a leaf in the rear springs.

jeepdog33

Reaction score
No lift yet, but I want to crank the torsion bars, and add 2" blocks in the rear. Looking for cheap offroad clearance! My dad gave me this tahoe with 227000 miles on it, it runs and looks great. It's the new hunting rig! I also want to run a 285-75-16 mud tire.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running that size tire on mine with only cranking the torsion bars alittle. Dont the tahoes come with a 2" block in the rear from the factory?

jeepdog33

Reaction score
Not sure about the 2" block from the factory! Do you rub with your set up?

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only place that i rub is on the lower control arm at full lock

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well there you go.

just remember to take into account that you may have some more give in your suspension with that many miles on it. also your comparing a 2 door t oa 4 door. (i've always thought the 2 doors sat a little higher)

also its going to depend on the width of your rims and the backspacing on them. (thats why mine rub the back corner of the front fender..::))

97 2door tahoe

Reaction score
if u go on 4wheelparts.com they have 2 and 3in body lifts.....but really dont go with a 1 in. thats not worth the money in my opinion!!!