Wind noise - driver's side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Razorback

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a driver's side wind noise about 6" up the a-pillar, around the top of where the left mirror attaches. It's not a whistle, just a wind noise like the window is slightly cracked.

I have searched the forums high and low and have tried the following:

1. Reviewed the tech document that talks about measuring the gap betwen the windshield trim and the door. Mine measured within limits, top to bottom, so I doubt the dealer would be willing to do the other steps in that document. I went ahead and added some nylon washers to the window trim to narrow the gap. The gap is < 6 mm top to bottom and the seal presses up against the door well.

2. I have temporarily placed tape on every body seam possible starting with the hood and working forward. This includes the front door seam (all the way down to the running board), every seam realted to the mirror, drivers side window, and the a-pillar. No change

3. I don't think this is the whistling noise that can occur with the mirror (I taped all of the seams on the the mirror). No change.

The noise is not extreme, just more noticeable than our previous '03 Yukon. I am about to give up and just blame it on the larger side mirrors. But that's not a good answer for a 50K machine.

I'm open to any other thoughts or suggestions. If I could get this worked out, I would be very happy with our new Yukon.

Thanks,
gl