Mgaughy 2/3 kit????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats is the difference between the 3008 and 3009 kit. I see one say HD shocks. I guess that is the autoleveling on the LTZ's...
Is there any physical difference and any installations difference between the two. The reason im asking is i ordered the 30009 kit and ive been looking for install instructions and all i see is for LT or LS models.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats is the difference between the 3008 and 3009 kit. I see one say HD shocks. I guess that is the autoleveling on the LTZ's...
Is there any physical difference and any installations difference between the two. The reason im asking is i ordered the 30009 kit and ive been looking for install instructions and all i see is for LT or LS models.

The 3009 kit is for those with AutoRide and the 3008 kit is for those without it, here is proof http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?category|category_root|-30=Suspension&partfamilyid=1708
You should of went with Belltech or DJM on that drop, this is because there parts are about the same price and they're rear coils don't "bounce" like McGaughy's from what I've heard.
DJM, Belltech and Ground Force parts are all at the site with the link I provided above incase you want to look at them!

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only went with the Mcgaughy kit because it was used by so many on this site. Im sure there are other kits out there, but i guess i trusted the board on my decesion. I just hope it is easy to install. I plan on taking my truck to the hobby shop on the base and doing it myself. Any lessons learned from previous installs or do you think i shouuld have someone install it for me.