4/6 Drop 2-door Tahoe Q's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tyler_leatherman

Reaction score
I have a 2WD, 2-door tahoe with some 20's and 275/45/r20 tires

What are some problems I may encounter installing a 4/6 drop, specifically for a 2-door tahoe?

I'm thinking spindles and springs up front and a flip kit in the back. That's what I have on my truck.

I can see the fenders in the back being a clearance problem. I was hoping to leave the 275/45's on the back and I have some smaller tires I can put up front. Has anyone else accomplished a similar feat?

Last edited:

DefEddie

Reaction score
I'm not going as far as 4/6,but they say you can't go over 3.5" in the rear of a 2dr.
I'm going to at least 4",and see what I need from there.
With the axle going on top of the spring pack I would definatley see how much space you have between pumpkin and floor.

Also check out gas tank and lines clearance. 2wd has a narrower rear end,not sure if that will make a difference good or bad though,depends on rim width.
I'm putting in a fuel cell flush mounted to the floor so it's not a worry for me.

besides tank,lines and axle clearance I can't think of what could go wrong besides the pumpkin clearance.
I plan to just cut the floor if needed.
Remember in measurements to allow for a few inches of travel.
(Also check exhaust routing!)

If you can think of anything let me know,I only need to order the belltech 3.5" drop springs for the rear to get started on it. I won't know how low I will go till I get the springs on and do some measuring.
Springs will more than likely be ordered by new years. My front hardware is already on,awaiting the rear.

Also,check the offset of your wheels,if they are 9" wide they won't turn on the front with a 4" drop and no rubs I think.