PDA

View Full Version : Nav Radio Losing Power

flwildcat
10-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Has anyone had this problem? This has happened periodically over the past couple of mos but seems to be getting more frequent. I start up in the morning and my radio has no power. I also get the message on the info display that reads "Parking Assist Off." Everything else seems fine. Usually, I can turn the engine off, open the driver's door, and then re-start and it comes right back on but this morning no luck. I tried that 4-5 times and still the same thing. After driving for about 15 minutes, I tried again and *poof* everything worked again.

FYI - I do have a lockpick but it's been in for 10+ mos with no issues. I'm in an '07 and my radio is the Nav unit without DVD.

Any help you can provide would be great - thanks in advance.

Denali132
10-28-2008, 03:59 PM
I have an 07 Denali and also have a lock pick and once in awhile my radio will have no power when I start it up. I have a switch for my lock pick and if I switch it on and off that usually fixes the problem, but sometimes I have to turn off my car and re-start it also. My lock pick has benn in for a little over 2 years.

GIXXER
10-31-2008, 12:29 AM
I had your exact issue with the exception that it happened after I had the Tahoe sitting for a week. When I came back from holidays I started it up and...nothing! No nav, no turn signal chime, no OnStar, natta....
I took it to the dealership and they said it all checked out with no issues, which is possible...but I do know something's wacky.
Let us know if you find anything out!!!

flwildcat
11-13-2008, 11:25 PM
Alright - weirdness - this problem lasted just a few days. Coincidentally (?) it was during a cold snap which here in Orlando, means it got into the 40's overnight. Since it warmed up, the problem hasn't re-surfaced. Also, during this period, the problem only occurred first thing in the morning (when it was coldest) - in the afternoons, everything would work fine.

To those of you who also experienced this, any chance you remember what the weather was like when it happened to you?

flwildcat
11-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Confirmed - second cold snap just hit and the same problem has re-surfaced.

Is there anyone who can explain how an electrical problem like this might be caused by cold weather? Any chance it could be a faulty fuse? Any plausible theory is welcomed!