Nav Radio Losing Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flwildcat

Reaction score
Has anyone had this problem? This has happened periodically over the past couple of mos but seems to be getting more frequent. I start up in the morning and my radio has no power. I also get the message on the info display that reads "Parking Assist Off." Everything else seems fine. Usually, I can turn the engine off, open the driver's door, and then re-start and it comes right back on but this morning no luck. I tried that 4-5 times and still the same thing. After driving for about 15 minutes, I tried again and *poof* everything worked again.

FYI - I do have a lockpick but it's been in for 10+ mos with no issues. I'm in an '07 and my radio is the Nav unit without DVD.

Any help you can provide would be great - thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 Denali and also have a lock pick and once in awhile my radio will have no power when I start it up. I have a switch for my lock pick and if I switch it on and off that usually fixes the problem, but sometimes I have to turn off my car and re-start it also. My lock pick has benn in for a little over 2 years.

GIXXER

Reaction score
I had your exact issue with the exception that it happened after I had the Tahoe sitting for a week. When I came back from holidays I started it up and...nothing! No nav, no turn signal chime, no OnStar, natta....
I took it to the dealership and they said it all checked out with no issues, which is possible...but I do know something's wacky.
Let us know if you find anything out!!!

flwildcat

Reaction score
Alright - weirdness - this problem lasted just a few days. Coincidentally (?) it was during a cold snap which here in Orlando, means it got into the 40's overnight. Since it warmed up, the problem hasn't re-surfaced. Also, during this period, the problem only occurred first thing in the morning (when it was coldest) - in the afternoons, everything would work fine.

To those of you who also experienced this, any chance you remember what the weather was like when it happened to you?

flwildcat

Reaction score
Confirmed - second cold snap just hit and the same problem has re-surfaced.

Is there anyone who can explain how an electrical problem like this might be caused by cold weather? Any chance it could be a faulty fuse? Any plausible theory is welcomed!

Last edited: