Jl Audio Amp..or Tma!?!?! Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yugoballa823

Reaction score
Hey guys im gonna need a powerful amp to power 2 10 inch w7 speakers and i was wondering wat kind of amp i shud look into buying. A class D JL audio mono channel 1000/1 V2 amp runs about $700 while a T1000.1 TMA amp wud cost me only 300. Since TMA is made by jl audio is the quality as good? and can some1 point me to a specific amp that wud be sufficent in powerin the 2 w7s, thank you.

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with the JL 1000/1. You get what you pay for and even though it might seem pricey, JL will make you happy. Go with the JL amp.

yugoballa823

Reaction score
does the amp have to be connected to the speakers in the car also or only the two 2 w7s? and if i decide to change 2 change the reg speakers in the car now wud i have to buy a new amp? im kinda confused =/ lol

omar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so do i get a mono amp or a multi channel amp :confused2:

if you replace stock door speakers, then get both..... Multi channel for the doors, and mono for the sub. the mono amp needs to be powerfull enough to power those hungry subs... If you try to get a 5 channel, I am not sure if you will be able to find one powerfull enough for the subs (i could be wrong....)