Exterior detailing question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbramsey

Reaction score
I mentioned in another thread that my 2008 Tahoe was egged during Halloween.

The roof took a direct hit. As soon as I noticed it Saturday morning, I took it to a Full Service Wash and they did a great job in removing the evidence.

However, when I look at the roof in the morning when the dew is fresh, I still see the outline of the "impact".

I guess the question I have is what can I use to ensure I remove ALL of the residue.

Thank you guys in advance.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The eggs probably ate away at any wax you had on your roof. I would do a full detail on it: Dish soap, Car Soap, Polish, Wax.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it's impact, like a dent, maybe take it to "dent doctors" around me in WI, they charge about 90$ for the first dent and 15$ for each extra dent.

I save my dings and dents/rock chips etc, and do it all at once, becuase of the pricing structure.

I hope that you can get a good rub down and solve your problem.

paintcarendetailing

Reaction score
I mentioned in another thread that my 2008 Tahoe was egged during Halloween.

The roof took a direct hit. As soon as I noticed it Saturday morning, I took it to a Full Service Wash and they did a great job in removing the evidence.

However, when I look at the roof in the morning when the dew is fresh, I still see the outline of the "impact".

I guess the question I have is what can I use to ensure I remove ALL of the residue.

Thank you guys in advance.

Eggs are horrible for paint, not only does the shell cut through the paint like little razors and cause hairline cracks, the egg itself will etch into the paint. Do you have any pictures of the damage?

If it's etched, you might be able to remove it by polishing it with an abrasive polish...but if the shell cut into the paint, nothing will remove it and it will have to be repainted to fix it.

cbramsey

Reaction score
I went out and took a picture of the "impact zone".

IMGP0865-Copy.jpg

You can see how the dew distribution is changed. It appears to be only etched. Luckily, there was no evidence of shell damage to the paint.

cbramsey

Reaction score
I did go out and purchase the Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit to attack this.

After using the Quick Detailing spray and clay bar, the Cleaner Wax, and a coating of Meguiar's NXT Generation Paste Wax, you really have to look for any evidence of the attack.

I appreciate everyone's advice and will post the post cleaning picture to let you guys see what I see. :thumbsup: