Is there a leveling kit for an 02 tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

btrftw

Reaction score
like a 2.5 front and a 1inch rear?

also how difficult are they to install?

thx

mikeb33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually the rear is higher so you would want to lower that more than the front.
I bought 2" rear springs and they only lowered it 3/4". Apparently I am not alone so you might want 3" rear springs. They will do a little more than level it, so you will have to adjust the front to match. This will work if you are OK with the overall height being a little lower, but level.

Edit: I just realized you may mean to level it by raising the truck? Yes there are kits, but I have not gone that way so someone else may be more helpful.

TXST8tj

Reaction score
do a search for the part #s, and get the Ford F-150 tbar keys and 1.5" rear coil spacers. this is good for up to 3" of lift and will fit 33" tires.
the installation is very easy. a couple hours with hand tools in the driveway and it's done.

ghworsh

Reaction score
I used Ford torsion bar keys on the front and got a 2.5" lift. That leveled it out with back. Easy to install if you buy a two jaw gear puller. I think 3k pounds should be enough. Can be done with heavy duty C clamp, but the gear puller will be easier and safer. You will need new shocks on front. I recommend Bilstein. Can't remember part #. Be sure when you order shocks to tell them that you lifted the front. You don't need to do anything to the rear. I also installed front and rear Eibach sway bars since the lift created body roll and sway. The sway bars are around $300, shocks $150, and keys about $70. It's well worth the look. And with the sway bars and shocks, it is fun to drive as well.

TahoeCowboy

Reaction score
How is the Ride with the Ford torsion bar keys, same, better, worse? you can probalevel your ride with the stock torsion bars but when i did it on mine it made for a rough(stiffer) ride which isnt what i wanted.