Got my new lift done!!! PICS!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after all the waiting and researching I am done. Dick Cepek / Extreme suspensions 6.5" kit. No crank required to get the lift either. Back sits a bit low but my new leaf springs just showed up so I can lose the 5" block and put in a 6" pro comp spring. The tires are pro comp extreme AT 35/12.5/17. Truck rides like stock.

Attachments

• IMG_5685.JPG
    IMG_5685.JPG
    271.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5686.JPG
    IMG_5686.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_5687.JPG
    IMG_5687.JPG
    298.5 KB · Views: 72

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks really good!

whoops, missed the top of the post. pictures were to eye catching.... hahaha

Last edited:

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That 2 tone combo is really nice. Truck looks great man!

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks bro its sick
:cool2: switching all my fluids oil, tranny, and rear end to royal purple next weekand.

bowtiefreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get some action pictures up here. I am yet to get this thing out and see it flex

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have any rub on the backs of the front fenders? at full turn mine rub on the flairs on any sort of bump/ uneven incline. (wheel offset isn't what it needs to be idealy)

bowtiefreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little bit, I am going to do a little trimming. Your tires are a bit larger than mine too.

Paul Greathouse

Reaction score
Bowtie

I see you've got the GMPP 383HT. I've been thinkin about going that route with mine. How much power did you gain over your stock motor? Any significant difference in gas mileage with the stroker verses the stock.

bowtiefreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bowtie

I see you've got the GMPP 383HT. I've been thinkin about going that route with mine. How much power did you gain over your stock motor? Any significant difference in gas mileage with the stroker verses the stock.

The HT383E is a great motor. Milage on stock tires and 3.73 gears with somewhat average driving is about 12.5. You WILL need a custom program to get it to run correctly. It will run really lean until you do. I had mine dyno tuned and advise the same to anyone looking into this motor. Everything does bolt right back up though. As for power I think it makes about 270 hp and about 380 torq to the tires! This is after the tune. I gained about 35 hp and 100 ft/lbs torq during the tune. Until I lifted it I would race every car I could find. The truck was as fast as the wrx subaru and even some guy in a plain 911 until about 70mph. If I was him I would have gone home and put that thing on ebay.

But back on track, the motor is great so far. Remember to get a tune.

Paul Greathouse

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Bowtie,

The 383 is sounding better all the time. I'll just have to look around for a custom shop for the custom program, tuning and dyno, we don't have much of that around here. I live in southwest Louisiana, probably the closest thing I will find is Houston, Tx.

My Tahoe is a 95', maybe the tuning will be a bit more simple on it since it dosen't have the Vortec.

You stressed the need for a custom program, was your truck driveable before you got the program?

Alot of people talk about tearing up the trans & rearend on these trucks with more powerful motors, have you had a problem yet? Sound like you have pushed it enough to find any potential weak links.

Thanks again, I bet the guy in the 911 had an interesting look on his face when he couldn't walk away from a Big Red Hoe.