????wtf????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh31023

Reaction score
just put new torsion keys and 1.5 inch rear lift blocks on my 96 tahoe 4x4 2 door. when driving down the road the ass end sways back & forth really bad... what could this be??? every thing is tight cant find nuttin loose. could it be that i need longer shocks?

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah did you do the alignment after the torsion keys? I think you can actually get the truck to be dog-legged with a rear axle out, and that feeling may be compounded without an alighment.

is it pulling form the rear just one direction? tell us more about the symptoms..

Trip

Reaction score
I have 4 inch blocks on the rear and it too sways side to side. I was told that it was due to worn out leaf spring bushings and lift blocks. So now it's time to fix the lift with new 4inch springs, no more blocks which create serious axle wrap. I hope this works! Any advise anyone?

bowtiefreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get an alignmenet. That is the first place to start, also double check the blocks and make sure the tapers go the same way and the u bolts are tight.