NAV problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YEV33

Reaction score
Hey guy's, im new to the forum and have a question about the OEM nav.. I installed mine and the cursor on the nav screen is always pointing to the east. While driving the screen does not readjust to vehicle direction of travel. Last week all of a sudden it started working so I figured that it needed time to calibrate, but the last couple of days it started doing the same thing again. It seems like the compass inside the nav unit is not working or not getting a signal. The compass in the mirror is working fine and is accurate. It seems that the NAV unit does not know which direction the vehicle is facing.

YEV33

Reaction score
I know what you are talking about, that was one of the first things I tried. Originaly the screen automatically defaulted to the "N" setting where the cursor would always point east, now it does go straight to the compass screen where the map is supposed to adjust to your route. It's feels like the NAV does not know where the front of the car is.

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your compass on the mirror correct? I think the arrow points in the direction given from the trucks compass.

YEV33

Reaction score
Yes the compass is correct, im wondering if anyone here knows if the NAV antenna is used to determine the front of vehicle position as well as satellite signal. The antenna can only be installed in one position so it would possibly make sense. I even removed mine form the bracket and drove around while adjusting it's positon to see if it will make a diffrence, it didn't. I just need a little more info on this before I go out and get another antenna. Anyone have any wiring diagrams for the NAV?