gas mile increase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

izmir2002

Reaction score
i have been buying gas from shell lately n i see some improvement on my gas mileage.with the full thank i can go up to 440 miles with shell.how many miles u guys get with the full tank ?

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting 360-380 per tank. I buy gas from all different gas stations...

TooLowSub

Reaction score
That is all going to depend on how you drive, where you drive and stop and go...all those factors...each person's answer is going to vary.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is all going to depend on how you drive, where you drive and stop and go...all those factors...each person's answer is going to vary.

True, but I've tryed driving super conservative on mostly the highway and still cant get great mileage..

izmir2002

Reaction score
i do not know how many miles you guys have on ur tahoe"s but if u guys have over 15000 miles on it try to change your air filter that probably will help.The dealer i was getting service at was keep telling me that my air filter was clean and i do not need to change it.I got my air filter changed at 25000 by than i was down to 400 miles per tank.since than i have been changing my air filter every 10000 miles.now im getting 430 to 440 mile per tank.most of my driving on highway !! dealers doesnt have the air filter in stock for the new models so its better to call ahead of the time for them to order.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have been buying gas from shell lately n i see some improvement on my gas mileage.with the full thank i can go up to 440 miles with shell.how many miles u guys get with the full tank ?

That's at least 16.9 mpg and that's if you run 'til empty. What kind of driving? Hwy or in-town? What gears do you have?

I've discovered that the sweet spot for my 07 is 55-60 mph w/ 3.73 gears. It'll actually stay in V4 on level or even slight inclines. That makes a big diff.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
i do not know how many miles you guys have on ur tahoe"s but if u guys have over 15000 miles on it try to change your air filter that probably will help.The dealer i was getting service at was keep telling me that my air filter was clean and i do not need to change it.I got my air filter changed at 25000 by than i was down to 400 miles per tank.since than i have been changing my air filter every 10000 miles.now im getting 430 to 440 mile per tank.most of my driving on highway !! dealers doesnt have the air filter in stock for the new models so its better to call ahead of the time for them to order.
What the dealers don't have those in stock?!:eek: That's ridiculuos!

izmir2002

Reaction score
i can drive 390 miles before the the light comes on.the on board computer says i can do another 60 miles but im figurin i can probably drive another 50 miles so it adds up to 440 miles.most my driving on highway average speed of 75 mph. i think my gear ratio is 3:73.

izmir2002

Reaction score
i know thats weird that they dont have the air filter in stock.

rod456

Reaction score
I've discovered that the sweet spot for my 07 is 55-60 mph w/ 3.73 gears. It'll actually stay in V4 on level or even slight inclines. That makes a big diff.

As Sammy Haggar sings, " I can't drive 55"...........

p26963

Reaction score
I just did my first real road trip... 840 miles roundtrip... 48 gallons of fuel used... which averaged to 17.5 mpg. 90% of the trip was freeway on mostly level driving.

I haven't even come close to the 16 mpg city or 22 mpg highway that the sticker showed. Needless to say I'm not too happy with that. :nonod:

My Tahoe is a 2WD with 3.42 gear ratio.

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No vehicle gets what the sticker says...unless you can somehow drive exactly as they do in the laughable EPA testing procedures...from '08 on those procedures will get more realistic, but expecting to get EPA sticker mileage numbers is very unrealistic (and has been for a long time) - don't blame the manufacturers, they're just doing what the government mandated (as any for-profit coporation would).

Just my opinion...not trying to flame.

p26963

Reaction score
I understood those numbers to be averages and was hoping the numbers would be better than the sticker. I realized they were not going to after reading the posts on this forum. :-( Love the Hoe though. :)

No vehicle gets what the sticker says...unless you can somehow drive exactly as they do in the laughable EPA testing procedures...from '08 on those procedures will get more realistic, but expecting to get EPA sticker mileage numbers is very unrealistic (and has been for a long time) - don't blame the manufacturers, they're just doing what the government mandated (as any for-profit coporation would).

Just my opinion...not trying to flame.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I think we are asking a lot expecting great mileage moving a 5000LB truck. I am a realest as the mileage has improved over the 800 series truck it is a small improvement and I 'll take it. We bought our Tahoe because it is a big safe vehicle as there are plenty of idiot drivers out there and family members can't be replaced. We chose it for comfort and safety and mileage was a lower priority. I don't care if gas goes to $6 dollars a gallon, I still driving the Tahoe.:Chevy:
I just won't eat out as much and cut back on shopping on line, but it is very important to me to transport my family in a safe vehicle no matter the cost.

p26963

Reaction score
Agreed XM_DUDE... I'm working from home more to offset the higher fuel prices, but now that gas is coming down in price there's more joyriding with the Hoe. Safety and the comfort factor are higher on my list as well.

RDosdorian

Reaction score
I just returned from Las Vegas. I averaged about 18.8 mpg out on the highway. I am ok with that mileage. I am not hopeful that I will ever see the window sticker numbers at this point. This is a 2WD with 3.42 gears. Average speed was about 75-80.

njyukon

Reaction score
pffft..Im only getting about 300ish miles to a tank. Granted I do live in the mountains somewhat, so I am going up and down hills quite frequently, but I havent come close to 350 or 400. I guess I need to take a road trip.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If gas goes to $6 a gallon there will be a lot less traffic, which means we will get better mileage.

sgmstr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Get The Worst Mileage!!!!!

Wow.. where do you guys live? you guys getting at least 350 miles per tank? Dont tell me you guys live in Southern CA area. I live in Santa Monica (Los Angeles - Hollywood area) and I get an average of 13 mpg with 5.3L/3.73 gear ratio. Believe it or not it's with 70% fwy mostly at 70 -75 mph. I am a pretty conversative driver and if I am one of the few who gets poor gas mileage, I should do something.

Has anyone replaced filters and/or exhaust on the truck and gotten better mileage?

tomm

Reaction score
Is it better to drive is 4x2 or Auto to get better mileage?