Navigation System Wishes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

p26963

Reaction score
After just taking a little road trip with my 07 Hoe, I was finally able to put the navigation system to some good use. Although it did get me from point A to point B there were some things that either I wish it could do better or wish it had.

Here are a few things I would like to see done with the Navigation system:

* On the main nav screen when you have a destination entered and you are driving on the freeway, the right part of the screen lists every upcoming freeway exit. When I am driving on a long trip and a lot of freeway, I really don't care to see every upcoming exit. I wish we had the opportunity to disable that feature or even use the same functionality like when you are driving on the streets. At least there you see the next turn coming up (i.e. left turn 10 miles ahead).

* The ability to pre-save trips. It would be nice if I could pre-plan trips and then save them so that I don't have to find out at the last minute what the directions will be. Thankfully before this past road trip I sat in the car for a little bit and noticed that I was getting routed through a toll road. After unchecking the toll road option, I got routed a different route that only set me back 5 extra minutes. Probably saved me $10 of tolls for the trip.

* Ability to route through streets. I guess it kind of has this feature today in that you can avoid particular roads. Maybe it would be easier to ask the user which roads they would like to use. This leads me into the next idea...

* Learn driving trends. If the system senses that I always use one way in and out of my neighborhood, anytime I get directions to or from there the nav system should sense that trend and use it in the directions that it gives.

* Integrate XM Nav Traffic. I'd probably pay extra to have this.

Anyone else have ideas on what they would like the navigation system do? I'll add more as I think of them.

izmir2002

Reaction score
if you dont wanna see the all the exit numbers,there is a map button on screen,if u press that it ll just show u the map n destination mileage.

p26963

Reaction score
I did press the map button, but the map seems static and does not move. I can see the arrow cross the map from one side of the screen to the other but the map itself does not scroll with the arrow. That is unless I was doing something wrong.

if you dont wanna see the all the exit numbers,there is a map button on screen,if u press that it ll just show u the map n destination mileage.