Electric fan conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your patience everyone. This is a rough draft. I welcome any feedback that might make this easier to understand. EMAIL Click here -> EFAN TUTORIAL

Last edited:

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Darren, that's a good job and a pretty decent write up you got there.

How's the seat of the pants dyno feel?

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can honestly say that’s the best 100 bucks I’ve spent so far. The hyper tech made some great changes to the shifting points with the taller tires but I can certainly feel a greater power gain from the fans MOD.

Tahoez71r

Reaction score
great write up! will to look for the fan controller for some details as this is a future mod that i was thinking of. What kind of temp's are you having locally? any ill effects? Have you pushed the cooling system at all (towing, 90 degee weather driving, extended idle time)? If you are in a colder climate has warm up been faster?

alex29573

Reaction score
what year and model lt1 are those fans?
anyone know how much cfm those fans push out?

the fans that flex a lite recommend do about 5500 cfm but they cost 500.00..

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ones I bought came off a 2003 Chevy Impala Police Interceptor. They are not a direct bolt on deal. Anything you get besides the 05 and up Tahoe and Yukon fans are going to need to be altered/modified to make them fit. There are SEVERAL different models that will work with a little ingenuity.

importmd

Reaction score
I see, i thought when you said LT1 that ment the engine found in the camaro. do you think not having the whole radiator covered with a shroud will cause a problem?

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Working great so far.. the LT1 comes in a lot more than just the Camero..... The Police interceptor was a special order LT1 car so I'm told, none the less,I love them!!!

In 1992, GM created a new-generation small-block engine called the LT1, recalling the 1970 LT-1 moniker. It displaced 5.7 L (350 cu in) and was a 2-valve pushrod design. The LT1 used a reverse-flow cooling system which cooled the cylinder heads first, maintaining lower cylinder temperatures and allowing the engine to run at a higher compression than its immediate predecessors.

This engine was used in:

importmd

Reaction score
are those fans off a caprice, camaro or corvette?

im well aware what came with the lt1, seeing as i own one. 03 impala doest have a lt1, so what are you trying to tell me.

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, I’m trying to tell you that I don’t give a **** what they came off of, they work.

importmd

Reaction score
im just trying to figure out what fans youre running, the only impala with a lt1 was the 94-96 so your fans are from a v6.

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, noob….. again, don’t really care if they where cooling a v-twin, they are doing what I need them to do. If it’s your goal in life to prove they are from a v6 than great, I’m not going to try and prove you wrong, mainly because I don’t care. You read it one way, I read it another. Also I don’t think you read the Q/A portion of the auction.

Q: The description says a 2003 impala and that they cooled a V8. I thought all impalas had V6's in them in 03?

Oct-26-08

A:
This was removed from a Maryland police interceptor car. It looks like the police cars appear to be late models. These fans are bigger from V8 engines.

*No police or government vehicle ever came out with anything different than what was available to the general public. There are no suspension, engine, brakes, or electronics upgrades/changes to cop cars….. For that matter no one has ever special ordered anything… right
*This is a truck forum, although I’m sure your camaro is great, you might be in the wrong place…..

importmd

Reaction score
im not sure if youre being a dick because youre wrong or just to be a dick. but you are wrong, they came from a v6, we will see if they work when summer comes. call me a noob, thats cool. becaue im new to the forum, not really just dont post(i joined before you) btw i own a tahoe and a camaro, so i think im in the right place. this entire time i was just trying to be clear on what motor these fans are off of. its not my fault you cant read.

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And you should move you of your parent’s house now while you still know everything……….

importmd

Reaction score
dont be sore loser and start talking like youre 12. ive been on my own for over 6 years now and bought my first house 3 years ago. lets not start these kid games.