just added 24's---rubbing issues....important!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric137

Reaction score
Just put 24" Gianelle Steep-6's on my '07 Tahoe; Tires are Pirelli 305-35-24 Scorpions....Have ZERO intention of lowering her, and didn't think there would be any rubbing issues, since the overall height of the combo is so close to stock (WRONG!)......This combo is obviously wider than stock, so I used a heat gun to reshape the plastic liner in the wheel wells....took about 15 minutes total, and had to reshape areas in front and back of each wheel.....no biggie, just wanted to pass along how easy it is to do...
HERE'S THE IMPORTANT PART:
When heating the front part of the driver's side front wheel well liner, use caution as there is a fluid reservoir directly behind it!!! I had about 1/4" to play with , which was enough to give the necessary clearance.....
Good luck!

Attachments

• tahoerims1.jpg
    tahoerims1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 104
  • tahoerims2.jpg
    tahoerims2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 66
  • tahoemod1.jpg
    tahoemod1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 90
  • tahoemod2.jpg
    tahoemod2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 91
  • tahoemod3.jpg
    tahoemod3.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 93

njyukon

Reaction score
Thanks, thats great info! I am suprised you had to doing any adjusting though, I guess you went with a wider tire than most others.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you put 24" low profile tires on a truck?

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont 24" tires essentially destroy any low end capability that is there?

Eric137

Reaction score
Why would you put 24" low profile tires on a truck?

UMMMMMM....Rafael.......Do you think people buy trucks JUST for towing? Why do people lower trucks all the way to the ground? Why do people black out their taillights? It's AMERICA, baby! Do whatcha want! Are you gonna ask the same boneheaded question to everyone on this forum who has put low profile tires on his or her Tahoe?

If so, then here are two more forums for you to play on:

http://www.cardomain.com/MakeModel/Chevrolet/Tahoe/all/all/all/2007

http://custom.autos.yahoo.com/galle...1yaWRlcwRzbGsDZ28-?make=chevrolet&model=tahoe

Have fun!

miketedeschi

Reaction score
towing

It would kill the towing ability.

I realize this comment is 4 years old, but towing a 6,000 pound boat at 65mph is much safer with 24s in my opinion.

There is almost no lateral movement on the rear axle, so the trailer is far less likely to start swaying back and forth. When you need to apply the brake unexpectedly.

Strictly my opinion, no scientific tests here.

rabbi003

Reaction score
i never though about useing a heat gun....i cut mine with a jig saw and it seemed to do the job just as good...