What crossrails for 2007 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tahoe came with the the side rails(not sure what they're called) but I need center rails/cross rails. Chevy sells them for about $170 after market.
Is there a reason not to get the Chevy ones?

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. I would get the Chevy ones. That way you know that Chevy would be responsble if they went wrong and all the other Tahoes have them. Who's going to install them?

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crossrails

I only paid $90 for the pair from the dealership. They are considered an aftermarket product and GM sold the parts to independent companies. It took three weeks to get. The install was pretty easy - just remove the endcaps and slide these in - they may need some friendly persuasion - used hammer, block of wood and cloth. Took about 30 minutes - would go quicker with two people. I had to run back and forth from side to side up and down a ladder.

These are useful if you haul stuff on top of the roof. Can be adusted front to back, depending where you want them. I did get the black ones.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crossrails come in handy when I have to bring all terrain tires to some bonehead who took his vehicle on an unpaved road and he didn't know that his low profile tires are likely to separate.
5000lb or heavier vehicle + low profile tires + unpaved road = a likely call to roadside assistance
:D

Last edited:

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a chevy dealer who has them for $75. I called around, they all had different prices, the highest was $250. All the same part number.