Superchip and Aftermarket Induction?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rod456

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Superchip programmer? I would like a little more towing torque and would like to flash mine with the 91 Ocatane Towing option from Superchip, but don't want to spend $400 or so if it doesn't help.

Also, what aftermarket induction system would you recommend as well?

Thanks

Rod

Eric137

Reaction score
Rod:
I have installed the Superchips programmer and a K&N air intake on my '07 LTZ, which cost me approx $700 total.....

Can't honestly say how much performance improvement there is; it sure feels and sounds better (the K&N really lets you hear the engine quite a bit), and I find myself getting on it a bit more.....my avg. mileage has dropped .2 mpg, probably because of how I have been driving it due to the mods.....in a few days my Magnaflow cat-back system will be in and should help the performance a little more; will post my thoughts on the entire package at that point.

Good luck!
Eric

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Superchips, Maganflow & the GM CAI on my Yukon and I have no regrets. All of the mods were spaced out, so I was able to test and evaluate each one seperately. The Superchips was first, I run it on the 91 octane setting and it by far was the best "bang for the buck". I recently had to return the vehicle to stock because of some dealer work and could really tell the difference in power! After having it, I HATED driving it stock especially on the freeway. After installing the Superchips I also saw an increase of .9 mpg. Then I added the Magnaflow exhaust and saw an increase of .5 mpg and couldn't really tell a difference in power. Pretty sure I could have gotten better, but I find myself stepping on it more just to hear the exhaust note. Then I added the GM CAI and I actually saw a decrease of .4 mpg and no noticeable increase in power. I wanted to stick with an oil-less filter and there weren't a whole lot of options. The GM is a nice unit, but maybe a little over priced. IMO the Superchips had the most noticeable increase in power/performance. If I had to do it over and only get 2 of the 3, it would definitely be the chip then the exhaust.

All mpg calculations were done over atleast 2500 miles and only about 5% highway driving.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Superchip programmer? I would like a little more towing torque and would like to flash mine with the 91 Ocatane Towing option from Superchip, but don't want to spend $400 or so if it doesn't help.

Also, what aftermarket induction system would you recommend as well?

Thanks

Rod

I've got the Superchips and just tried the 87 octane setting and noticed a small diff. Plan to try the 91 octane next but want to get a baseline on my Gtech Pro first. Also have the GM Perf. exhaust sitting in garage that's going on next. If I get a CAI, will probably go with the one from GM. If you haven't decided, check out TrueFlow. They have an interesting video on their website.

If you do go with a programmer, don't forget to return to stock before you take to the dealer as if they do any software upgrades, you won't be able to.

Another change you might consider is Mobil 1. Raised my mpg 0.5 (calculated).

Timgco

Reaction score
Superchips/ Volant. The combo is great on my 07 AV. The tahoe will get the saem treatment very soon.