Newbie- should I buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irishlass

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm so grateful to find this forum! :thumbsup:

Here's the story- a family member (trustworthy one, :yesnod: ) has offered us their 2002 Yukon for $6000. It has 137K miles on it and has nothing wrong with it at all. The AC compressor was just replaced. He's only had to have it in the shop for the AC and one other problem years ago. He still loves the truck, but found another one that caught his eye and bought it w/out asking his wife - :eek: so now he has to get rid of it.

Would you buy it?
We're looking for a reliable family car and were all set to buy an older Sienna until this offer. I know it's been a good car for this family member, but I'm afraid because of the high mileage it's going to start having a boatload of problems in a year or so. We typically drive a car until it's got well over 200K miles.

scarpi

Reaction score
It does sound like a good buy for $6000. I have an 02 Yukon with only about 35,000 miles on it. I've had a few problems but no major ones in the last couple of years. If I were you, I would have it looked at by a good mechanic since it has 137,000 miles on it. But it seems like a good buy even if you did have some issues after you bought it.

meatpopsicle

Reaction score
Try and determine what kind of miles are on it...hiway...around town...towing heavy toys??? Sounds like you should jump on it. I'll bet its got at least another 75000 miles left. Transmission problem is what I would be worried about. The tranny might run hot and sluggish....take it for a long weekend test drive.