Towing heavy: performance needed on 05 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubnali

Reaction score
So I traded my 04 Dodge Cummins for an 05 Denali and I tow a 26' enclosed race car trailer. The trailer is fully loaded w/ generator, compressor, winch, and a massive amount of tools. The Denali pulls exceptionally well considering it's basically a 1/2 ton truck, and the air ride makes up for all the tongue weight very nicely. Overall I love the truck, but I just need more power to pull the Missouri hills. It constantly kicks down on slight inclines and I get about 8mpg pulling the trailer.
I don't believe that a Cold air kit, exhaust and TB spacers are going to make enough difference at all, and a programmer requires premium fuel. SO, if I'm going to run premium anyway, then I'm going to go the route that is going to give me the ultimate power.
I've had alot of experience with Procharger kits on Mustangs, and have had great luck with their power. Does anyone here have a kit on a 5.3-6.0 truck or SUV? If so what kind of gains did you see?
I've got a good friend that is a Procharger dealer and I'm getting an awesome deal on a D-1SC kit. He says it will provide more low-end than the base P-1SC kit will on 8lbs. The thing is, I want it to still be perfectly reliable. Post up your thoughts and opinions please!

Dubnali

Reaction score
I've also got a friend that is awesome with HPTuners that is going to custom tune it so that it has no hiccups or bugs at all. And I'm going to be running a set of 42lb/hr injectors.

speedr1023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hypertech power programmer III allows you to choose regular or premium fuel and adjusts accordingly.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm saving for a t76, the 6.0 loves boost and a turbo kit will net better fuel economy and better towing then a supercharger
complete_intro_coated_white.jpg

http://www.trickperformanceproducts.com/turbo_frontpage_intro.htm
Cheaper than any blower setup and you don't need a converter to take advantage of the newfound power, might want to look into some trans mods tho.

cincinnati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW.........sounds fair to me ! is this set up proven as of yet? has anybody bought this turbo system with comments or reviews?

cincinnati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
boostaholic, i think i'm gunna pull the trigger on that kit in 2 weeks ! i need to do a little research with the company that selling and the people that actually have that same kit. questions like fitment, quality of parts, performance, customer service ect. i could use the xtra 200 hp i'm also towing a enclosed trailer

cincinnati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
scott, is your price the same as the 'trick performance" dealer?

S

smmperformance

Hi. I am not familar with what Trick Performance's pricing is... Please email me and I can help you out!

cincinnati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks ! is there a direct link for this kit we want on p.t. net ?

cincinnati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would rather talk via phone. e-mail is ok but for detailed questions i would rather talk on the phone.

S

smmperformance

i would rather talk via phone. e-mail is ok but for detailed questions i would rather talk on the phone.

No problem, I got your message about the voicemail but never received one from you, not sure what went wrong. This is why I wanted you to email your phone number or you can just send it over here... Just let me know!