Trip odometer - Trip A and Trip B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCSUV

Reaction score
The manual for my 07 Denali mentions the ability to set the trip odometer for Trip A and Trip B. I like to use the trip B in my other cars to record the last oil change. It looks like I only have one trip odometer although the manual says I can set both. They just don't tell you how to do it. Any ideas out there?

GMCSUV

Reaction score
GMCSUV said:
The manual for my 07 Denali mentions the ability to set the trip odometer for Trip A and Trip B. I like to use the trip B in my other cars to record the last oil change. It looks like I only have one trip odometer although the manual says I can set both. They just don't tell you how to do it. Any ideas out there?
14 views and nobody with a clue? This forum is on life support!

GMCSUV

Reaction score
XM DUDE said:
I know and it is such a nice forum too.
It sure has the potential to be. I think nobody knows it exists which is too bad. The Corvette Forum rocks. Lots of participants and a mountain of information. Have learned a lot and saved hundreds of dollars from reading the posts. I hope this forum finally catches on. Meanwhile I'm still in the dark on Trip A and Trip B. Regards Dude!

doo600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you're aware there is an oil life percentage displayed on the Info Center right? My Tahoe says nothing about a trip A & B. It does talk aboout a retro-active reset though. Cool, it displays miles traveled last time ignition was on.

basecorvette

Reaction score
GMCSUV-
I've been looking into this for a while. I'm about 95% sure there is only 1 trip. My neighbor also has a tahoe and I asked him to check. He found nothing. My manual does not say anything about trip A and trip B. I used Trip A and Trip B alot in my previous chevy.
Hope this helps.

I also wish this forum would take off. I get alot more info at http://www.chevroletforum.com in the tahoe section.

GMCSUV

Reaction score
doo600 said:
I'm sure you're aware there is an oil life percentage displayed on the Info Center right? My Tahoe says nothing about a trip A & B. It does talk aboout a retro-active reset though. Cool, it displays miles traveled last time ignition was on.
I read it in the owner's manual. They indicate that the trip odometer can be set for trip A and trip B. Still haven't figured out how to do it!

doo600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMCSUV said:
I read it in the owner's manual. They indicate that the trip odometer can be set for trip A and trip B. Still haven't figured out how to do it!

Must be either a GMC or a Denali thing cause I've been all through my Tahoe manual and no mention of this.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
doo600 said:
Must be either a GMC or a Denali thing cause I've been all through my Tahoe manual and no mention of this.

I am going to have to agree with you on the fact that it might be a Denali/Escalade exclusive. I have not seen it on my manual, perhaps I'm not looking in the right place but I only seem to have one trip setting. I understand that you use it for your oil changes but isn't the "Oil Life Remaining" display enough to keep track of that? I also get monthly OnStar E-mails that tell me when the oil is due for a change.

slowmobile

Reaction score
This is my first time posting to this or any forum. The Denali has two trip odometers. When you cycle through the display on the DIC, it automatically goes to from trip a to trip b then to the next item. When you hit the check mark, it will clear which ever trip odometer you are on.

slowmobile

Reaction score
I'm stupid

sorry, I checked today and I was wrong. I only found one trip odometer. Apologies to all, I was confused.

hmoobsupra

Reaction score
I was curious to this issue on my 07 Yukon as well...coming from cars with two trip settings. However, the closest I see is what they called the "retro-active reset".

GMCSUV

Reaction score
Bear said:
I am going to have to agree with you on the fact that it might be a Denali/Escalade exclusive. I have not seen it on my manual, perhaps I'm not looking in the right place but I only seem to have one trip setting. I understand that you use it for your oil changes but isn't the "Oil Life Remaining" display enough to keep track of that? I also get monthly OnStar E-mails that tell me when the oil is due for a change.
The oil life remaining message does not take into account the fact that synthetic is in the pan. I change every 5,000 mi. with synthetic which may be sooner than necessary but I treat my rides to clean oil just for being good to me!:)

tx tahoe z71

Reaction score
Dusting this thread off. Just bought my wife a 2009 Tahoe and would like to see if you can add trip A and trip B to the DIC. My 2003 Tahoe has it and I really enjoyed it.

Anyone uncovered the mystery to program or activate it? Can a Tech 2 do it?