How do I remove the OEM radio (07 Tahoe LT)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wrek

Reaction score
I've searched around and couldn't find anything explaining how to do this.

Can someone tell me how to remove the radio from a Chevy Tahoe 2007 LT?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The bezel around the radio/hvac is snapped in place. You have to use a panel removal tool or something similar like a stiff putty knife to remove the trim. It's in there pretty tight and might feel like it's not going to budge, but it will. Once the trim is out, there are four screws holding the radio in place and that's it. You might have to remove the two screws holding the hvac controls in place then pull the radio (the hvac control module has a tab on each side that goes in front of the tabs on the radio).

SASCRAGGS

Reaction score
suggestions

I used a thin metal spachtula and a couple of other thin kitchen tools there are two pop outs on each side and one at the bottom be carefull and pry about mid way on left side it will pop you will have to work it slowly and do not force it. the top plastic part above the radio is attached to the trim it is not a U shape and has no clips as I said be careful once it is off you just have to unscrew the screw around the radio I am sure that someone has puts pics on here I got my pics off GM-Trucks
Good luck