Fixing small scratches with painting an entire panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to fix small scratches without having to paint the entire panel?
I have a small scratch on my door, the scratch goes all the way through to the metal.

Eric137

Reaction score
my driver's side rear door got a good one a few weeks ago (down to the metal), and the body shop said the whole door needed to be painted. They said if it wasn't a dark color (Ming Blue) and fairly new, they would have been concerned that they may even have to paint the adjacent panels, just to get it to match. It came out fine just painting the one door. But I am pretty sure everyone would tell you that the whole panel needs to be painted.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I stated my question wrong. I was wondering if there is a way with just painting the scratch, not the entire door.

Eric137

Reaction score
No, you stated it very clearly, and I answered it. In my reply, I said "the body shop said the whole door needed to be painted".

tomm

Reaction score
I guess I stated my question wrong. I was wondering if there is a way with just painting the scratch, not the entire door.

There is no way to do it correctly without painting the entire panel. If they masked just the scratch area and painted it - it would be noticable.