Professionals and Experts only!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blacktooth

Reaction score
Hi,

I have some questions about lifting my (2000 Yukon SLT 4wd). I searched on the internet about lifting kits they are really good quality but with a painful price.:hlp:
Also I don't live in US :patriot: so the shipping and installing will cost more than my Yukon so it is not worth it. :yesnod:

After browsing in this forum I found another cheap solution which is T-key, Coil spacers, and many things are not clear to me. :confused2:

So lets start with the questions:

1- Can I lift my Yukon 3" or 4" or what is them maximum number with this kit?

2- Is the kit is strong enough for little jumping in the desert?

3- Should I change my stock coils springs and shocks for lifting? Is there a special shocks for lifting?

4- I like soft and comfortable rid. what should I replace?

5- What do I need to buy for full lift? (Please write the parts and suggested websites for buying these stuff)

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok here we go

1.u will get 2-3 inches of lift max without loss of ride

2. I dont think i would be jumping anything in the desert with this lift.
you are getting the left from your torsion bars so strength maybe an issue. anything i have lifted this way i just drove on the street

3. No need to change the springs with this type of lift but yes you need longer shocks. if you lift it 3 inches then you need shocks that are 3 inches longer than stock

4. New torsion keys and spring spacers along with the above mentioned shocks

5. i will let some one else chime in on this one i buy all my stuff local so i would be no help here.

Any way good luck man.

Blacktooth

Reaction score
1.u will get 2-3 inches of lift max without loss of ride

2. I dont think i would be jumping anything in the desert with this lift.
you are getting the left from your torsion bars so strength maybe an issue. anything i have lifted this way i just drove on the street

3. No need to change the springs with this type of lift but yes you need longer shocks. if you lift it 3 inches then you need shocks that are 3 inches longer than stock

4. New torsion keys and spring spacers along with the above mentioned shocks

5. i will let some one else chime in on this one i buy all my stuff local so i would be no help here.

Any way good luck man.

You are really useful :)
Thank you

But I need more answers from others :D

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your front end is going to HATE you if you crank your torsion bars 3". If you dont want to spend the money on a lift kit you could get like a 2" or 3" body lift and just crank you T-Bars to level. Body lifts dont really cost that much and I have heard that they are not very hard to install. That is what I would do.

Blacktooth

Reaction score
Your front end is going to HATE you if you crank your torsion bars 3". If you dont want to spend the money on a lift kit you could get like a 2" or 3" body lift and just crank you T-Bars to level. Body lifts dont really cost that much and I have heard that they are not very hard to install. That is what I would do.

Thank you for the advise :inc:

I agree with you about the cost of (Body lift). But the installation isn't easy and my friend told me the bumper will bot be strong and you can't tow with it :cryin:

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can tow something if you have a body lift but you cant use the bumper for towing you would have to have a trailer hitch of some sort.

Blacktooth

Reaction score
You can tow something if you have a body lift but you cant use the bumper for towing you would have to have a trailer hitch of some sort.

Thank you for the explanation :D

Anyone vote for (Body Lift)? :shhh:

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who knows where it came from... I think that you may be able to do a body lift and some new shocks... if you start getting air with it, you may suffer some damage. But I think its possible if you do it in a safe manner... work your way up to it etc.

Blacktooth

Reaction score
who knows where it came from... I think that you may be able to do a body lift and some new shocks... if you start getting air with it, you may suffer some damage. But I think its possible if you do it in a safe manner... work your way up to it etc.

So you are saying (Body Lift Kit + New long shocks = What I need above?) especially for little jumping :rolleyes:

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you install a body lift, you wouln't need the longer shocks since you are leaving the suspension untouched. You would only really need the longer shocks if you installed some sort of suspension lift. However, if you're going to be doing some off-roading like you're talking about, a more durable shock wouldn't be a bad idea.
If you installed the body lift, the bumper would stay at the stock height since it's mounted to the frame. Most body lift kits come with brackets that raise the bumper back up to a normal looking height though. If you're too rough on them, I suppose they might bend, but you're probably going to damage your bumper anyways before this would happen. Just something to think about.

Blacktooth

Reaction score
If you install a body lift, you wouln't need the longer shocks since you are leaving the suspension untouched. You would only really need the longer shocks if you installed some sort of suspension lift. However, if you're going to be doing some off-roading like you're talking about, a more durable shock wouldn't be a bad idea.
If you installed the body lift, the bumper would stay at the stock height since it's mounted to the frame. Most body lift kits come with brackets that raise the bumper back up to a normal looking height though. If you're too rough on them, I suppose they might bend, but you're probably going to damage your bumper anyways before this would happen. Just something to think about.

Can I lift it by using longer shocks only? :yaya:

Blacktooth

Reaction score
No No No, I will not buy the (Body Lift).

I have read the installation instruction and it is really hard and complex. It required to remove everything. What the hell! :mad3:
I don't like it. :ack:

Now I am thinking about (Leveling Kits) because it is much easier than that! :cuss:

So, shall I go for: (Leveling Kits + New shocks)? or what? :au:

Blacktooth

Reaction score
Guys I found this in Readylift website!

(ReadyLift Chevy Suburban & Tahoe 1500 Classic 2.5" Front Leveling Kit 2000-2006 2WD/4WD 6-lug)

Dose that mean it is only lift the front? then how can I lift the rear? :eek:

newmarketEOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides cranking your torsion bars pretty much every sort of lift will take some work. You bought a late model IFS SUV, they are just very complex and really, in my opinion cant be PROPERLY lifted easily.

Blacktooth

Reaction score
Besides cranking your torsion bars pretty much every sort of lift will take some work. You bought a late model IFS SUV, they are just very complex and really, in my opinion cant be PROPERLY lifted easily.

:bam:

newmarketEOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the time, and basic tools you can do the lift if you follow the directions well. I have had a couple of friends who have put a whole lift in there trucks (all IFS of different makes) working in driveways with handtools and floor jacks, just makes it much harder.

Blacktooth

Reaction score
So guys, what do you recommend for off-road shocks? and lift kit? :confused:

From your experience ;)