Who can tell me about the GM OnStar Lockpick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eaglein99

Reaction score
New guy here. I have search the forum and have not found an answer to my question, so here it goes. I keep hearing about the GM Lockpick, so I looked at the manufacturers website for Chevrolet applications(http://www.coastaletech.com/CHEVROLET_APPLICATIONS.htm). At the very bottom of the page is listed the GM OnStar Lockpick (the further information link doesn't work). What I am trying to find out is if anyone has used this kit and if so how they like it and how does it function. The next question is will it work in my Tahoe. It is a 2007 with XM and Bose, BUT without NAV. Thanks for any insight you may have.

Jesse

Gruson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does not unlock the actual OnStar system but just allows you to hook up a bluetooth device.

You would be better to buy the GMX-322 lockpick...it will let you use bluetooth as well as a lot more.

There is NOTHING out there that unlocks the Onstar to use a cell phone instead.

eaglein99

Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to get back. Thanks for the info. That was what I was afraid of. I still like the idea of having the radio mute and the sound come through the factory speakers. Does anyone know how this unit hooks up to the actually bluetooth unit. On a side note is anyone using the IPod lockpick with a non-nav factory head unit. Thanks again for the help.

Jesse

GreenOnyx

Reaction score
So if I understand this correctly, the only way to use the factory onstar microphone with your speakers for cell phone calling is to use verizon/onstar? Other solutions will use your speakers and existing radio/display, but you have to install a microphone?

I've been researching a good ipod solution and have read some horrible reviews on lockpick's ipod module. The best I've read on so far is the iSimple, but I'm not sure that it can integrate with a lockpick in the mix.

mow10s

Reaction score
Just picked up the CK3100 from Parrot for 125 and the Harness for directly connecting it to the radio from : http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php is on the way. I will update next week on the install and maybe post a pic or two.

BTW: 2008 Yukon with non-BOSE option but I did install factory bose sub in factory location with 2 ohm amp. Not bad but what do you expect for a small space.

I also have the Peripheral IPOD dock installed, works great.