Some Pics Of My Custom Amp Rack!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the custom amp rack I made, it cost me $5 bucks worth of carpet from a local audio shop and some free wood. I think it came out pretty good for an amateur like me. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• amprack1.jpg
    amprack1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 122
  • amprack2.jpg
    amprack2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 125
  • amprack3.jpg
    amprack3.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 149
  • alpineamprack.jpg
    alpineamprack.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 121

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn i wish the 2-door back seat flipped like the 4-door seats.. be alot easier to hide all my gear so maybe people would quit trying to break into my truck... haha.

looks good!

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome. are the amps bolted to a sub box in that photo? If i could get the subs AND amps AND the seats still folded down, that would be awesome.

Looks real nice and clean.
Pete

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a piece of 3/4 plywood cut to 11.5" wide with small legs on either end drilled holes for the wires to pass through, and then just carpeted it all with spray glue and staples.

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I got a deal on it so I went for it, I got the subs wired in series though so the bridged amp is pushing both subs pretty well, it's damn loud!!

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, i got mine wired up crazy. 3 dual 2-ohm subs wired, i wanna say in parallel.. ider... lol. w/e i did i got em at 1.6 ohms. lol. my amp does 2200 rms at 1, and 1700 at 2, so im guessing am right around the capabilities of 2000. i might hide a 4th under the seat or something, drop to 1 ohm and see where that puts me on the meter.
have you metered the JL's? im hoping to put mine on the meter when i head home on wednesday.

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not yet, I'm just getting my feet wet with the serious side of car audio. i'm trying to bust in. I assume you mean decibel loudness metered right? Sorry if I sound stupid

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool, maybe I'll get me a meter and try it out, I certainly don't think it's that high yet but it's gotta be in the 100's I would hope. Where can I get one of those meters? Ebay?

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you prolly can. they tend to be expensive for the true meters tho. the one they have at the competitions tend to run a few thousand. yours is prolly around 130 i would guess. 130s are pretty common. the 140 barrier is just one of those... more difficult steps..

mross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my brother and i used to compete in some db drags,we were getting 142db with our jl's.they were in a eagle talon.the fact they hit so hard blew our friend who owns his own sound shop away.he couldn't believe it.i put the set up last yr into my work car and around christmas last yr my wife threw a christmas present into my trunk and right into one of the jl's.i still bug her about it.

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's a tragic story man lol. Yeah, I love how mine sound. I guess that JL quality you always hear about is true once you put em to the test.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, i went to a comp a few months back with my friends car. he hit a 139, which isnt bad considering the dollafr/db ratio, but there was a tiburon there with kicker solo-x 10s... GAWD. 146dBs... ever since then i've wanted to build a comp car with all solo-xs.. but i dont have the money to do it.