How much....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2 E L O

Reaction score
....lift can you get out of the stock torsion keys on the '07 4x4 Tahoes? Is it going to increase wear/tear if you max them out? I assume I'll need to get an alignment if I adjust them but the shocks should be fine, correct?

I have the 18" Z71 wheels and stock sized tires... I don't necessarily care about leveling it, I just want to decrease the insane amount of rake on these new Tahoes...

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Atvkrazy06

Reaction score
07-08 Tahoes do not have torsion keys unless you have a classic style 07 Tahoe which im not sure they even made. In order to level or lift you must get a coil spring spacer. CCM kit seams to be popular. Suspension Maxx has good leveling kits which come in 1-2 inch adjustable and 2.5 stationary. And yes shocks should be fine.

Last edited:

GMz71

Reaction score
The 2007 tahoes don't use torsion keys, they have coil overs in the front. So in order to get rid the rake, you need a leveling kit. which is just a metal spacer on the new tahoes.

2 E L O

Reaction score
Haha....I'm an idiot... Maybe that's why I couldn't find any information about keys in the '07+ section....

Thanks for the help, fellas....

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at CCM front strut spacers. I installed the 2.5" front with 1" rear spacer and it looks great. The rear is still ~0.25" higher.

If you just want to raise the front a little, look for the 2" front strut spacer. Post a review when you are done.

By the way, how do you like the Hypertech Max Energy?

2 E L O

Reaction score
Thanks!! I don't really want to do the 2.5"/1" lift because I think it will look a little goofy with the stock 18" Z71 wheels/tire sizes... Maybe I'll try the 2" spacer because I just want to get the nose up a bit....

The Hypertech isn't worth the money... I didn't notice much of a difference in horsepower or gas mileage... It was nice to be able to change the shift firmness and shift points, though... Overall, I wouldn't recommend it. If you're looking to get a tune, go with a custom tune like Blackbear. They're actually cheaper than the Hypertech, anyway...