Anybody put components in their rear doors??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got some Mb quart components for the rear doors and wanted to see how other people installed them for reference. Post pics please!

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've installed systems on all my previous rides but the ESCAHOE b/c it came already with aftermarket KICKERS in it. But like any other install. Remove door panel and remove the old speaker. You can go to crutchfield.com and order a plug and play kit so it plugs into the stock harness like my 99 Jeep Limited. Or you can cut the plugs and sotter or wire them in.

If you got tweeters separate. Just drill a hole out and wire them in. I know there are different theories and myths of where to mount but I don't know the logical reason for that. You can do some research and CHIME IN.

GL.

Jason

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a few things to note,
1) the grill on the door panel just pops off to expose the speaker, no panel removal necessary.
2) are the new speakers shallow mount? not every speaker will fit.

if it was me, I'd flush the tweeters into the pillar. it takes some time and you have to run some extra wire, but the sound is great. it all depends on where you want the sound as well. do you want it more in the front, or more in the back. you could also drill into the door panel and flush mount the tweeter directly in there. I've just never liked to tear up door panels.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it was me, I'd flush the tweeters into the pillar. it takes some time and you have to run some extra wire, but the sound is great. it all depends on where you want the sound as well. do you want it more in the front, or more in the back. you could also drill into the door panel and flush mount the tweeter directly in there. I've just never liked to tear up door panels.

Agree with this. In case you ever sell you HOE and would like to pull out your system it is cheaper to find a replacement pillar from a junkyard then it is to buy a whole new panel.

TahoeGoBoom: Did you upgrade your tweets in the front doors? If so what brand? Was is plug and play or a whore to deal with?

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i upgraded to Powerbass 2XL tweeters. it wasnt bad at all. the grill just pops out on the front door panel, pulled out the old tweeter, cut the wires, and replaces it with the new one. i didnt go component, so i have a full range speaker in the door and an extra tweeter in the factory location. the new tweeter doesnt really "mount" in there, but the grill holds it in at a slight angle facing you.
Its real loud and crisp. i love the 2XL tweeters. I've had em in 2 cars and they still scream.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
** thinkin about it, i did have the panel off when i was doing it because i was doing all the speakers. i think you MIGHT have to take off the panel depending on the tweeters. mine you do because the crossovers massive. just something to think about.

tahoebrotha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I put the components in the front doors in the stock locations and it came out great. I'm gonna either put them in the door panel and just leave em with the truck if I sell it or do as suggested and use the b-pillar. Thanks