Sluggish Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbrug

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe and was wondering if anyone else has noticed that on full accelleration from a stop that they are a bit sluggish. Is this normal and can the dealer make any adjustments to the electronic throddle to make them a bit better?

My Hoe 4x4 with the 5.3 3LT with Airaid air intake and Magnaflo Catback

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part of that is due to "throttle by wire" and part is due to "torque management system". Both create a small delay in the application of power (< 0.5 sec). Not like back in the day when you slammed the throttle open and the carb responded instantly and you got this giant sucking sound. :cool2:

Try a Superchips or other programmer. :D

sbrug

Reaction score
Shark,

Thank you for the info.... Programmers here I come. or mmmmmmm maybe change the engine LS7.

sbrug

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LS7

If you're serious about the LS7, you will quickly find all of the weak links in the driveline. Probably differentials first, then transfer case. Not sure if tranny can take it either. There's a guy on another forum that did it and is looking for new, HD driveline parts.

sbrug

Reaction score
Yea,

I saw the site that did the LS7 mod to a 2007 Tahoe. Apparently they are not doing anything to the drive train though and of course it can't handle the added power. To make it really feasable, you would need to beef up the whole drive train, tranny, rear end, transfer case, drive shaft, front drive train.... etc and then you might as well add a supercharger to the LS7 for added kicks!!!!! (now I am really dreamin)

:cya: