flip down in my ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty MoG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe LS with the rear a/c control. I'd like to put a 10.4" lcd monitor in there for my kids. Any suggestions?

doo600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get these aftermarket at any local stereo shop. If there is no good way to mount it you may consider getting 2 monitors for the front seat headrests.

doghouse

Reaction score
I just went thru this episode also. There is no good way to install the 10.5 without having to custom move the ac controls. If you install it in the front it will be at the driver and passenger side of your heads. They can custom move the controls but places down here like Car Toys want to charge $500. I also checked the route of the two headrest monitors with a seperate dvd player and the price is more than the OEM one that comes overhead. I was quoted $1400 for the 10.5 custom moved intot the same spot as the AC controls and then like $1700 for the two headrest monitors and dvd player.

Final decision was to just use the portable that straps onto the headrest. Everytime it breaks it's covered under warranty and we get the newer updted version. If it were up to me I would get the Drop down DVD but it's my wife's ride and she see's no need for it. More money for my other toys i say!:D

Mighty MoG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
doghouse said:
I just went thru this episode also. There is no good way to install the 10.5 without having to custom move the ac controls. If you install it in the front it will be at the driver and passenger side of your heads. They can custom move the controls but places down here like Car Toys want to charge $500. I also checked the route of the two headrest monitors with a seperate dvd player and the price is more than the OEM one that comes overhead. I was quoted $1400 for the 10.5 custom moved intot the same spot as the AC controls and then like $1700 for the two headrest monitors and dvd player.

Final decision was to just use the portable that straps onto the headrest. Everytime it breaks it's covered under warranty and we get the newer updted version. If it were up to me I would get the Drop down DVD but it's my wife's ride and she see's no need for it. More money for my other toys i say!:D
It's not worth all that. Thanks for giving me the run down

Gettreal

Reaction score
Hi There, I just signed up and started reading through the threads. I just finished going through this and wanted to share. There is a guy on ebay that sells GM OEM headrest with 7" screens already built into them. the best part about these are that each headrest has its own dvd player. You can see these at

http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accesso...l=yukon&year=2007&detail=07_YUK_80NSJ562&sid=

they are 2000.00 from GM but the ebay guy is selling them for about 750.00 for both...brand new in the box. I just got my set and installed it myself. Took me less then 2 hours for a TOTALLY professional install. I am more then willing to share info or pics.

Best deal ever....serious

Mighty MoG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gettreal said:
Hi There, I just signed up and started reading through the threads. I just finished going through this and wanted to share. There is a guy on ebay that sells GM OEM headrest with 7" screens already built into them. the best part about these are that each headrest has its own dvd player. You can see these at

http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accesso...l=yukon&year=2007&detail=07_YUK_80NSJ562&sid=

they are 2000.00 from GM but the ebay guy is selling them for about 750.00 for both...brand new in the box. I just got my set and installed it myself. Took me less then 2 hours for a TOTALLY professional install. I am more then willing to share info or pics.

Best deal ever....serious
Please post those pics

Gettreal

Reaction score
Here is my DVD option

Here are the GM Headrest in my Yukon.

Attachments

• Truck 004.jpg
    Truck 004.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Truck 005.jpg
    Truck 005.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 72

Mighty MoG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gettreal said:
Here are the GM Headrest in my Yukon.
Looks like your vehicle was already loaded. I have a base model Tahoe. Looks great though:)

Brandon6127

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are crazy. Millionbuy.com you can pick up 2 10" headrest monitors already installed in the headrest for $280 then a receiver to connect them to for $40 if you want and is so simple to install. Just remove the old headrest, replace with the new ones and remove the back of your seat and run the wires down to your receiver whereever your mounting it and then connect all the power wires. After about 2-3 hours (depends on how many beers your having and how many of your buddies are watching you (not helping) you will have an awsome rear audio/video set up and only cost you about $320 (+$20 for the case of beer). Thats about 1/4 of what you guys are looking at and its all diy stuff. Just takes time and patients

chloe_lin

Reaction score
I put a Kenwood dnx 6160 in my jk recently. It plays DVDs has navigation, satellite radio etc. It also allows dual zones so the kids can be watching DVDs in the back on seperate monitors while the adults are listening to the radio in the front and using the navigation. Also comes with build in parrot Bluetooth.