Fender Liner issues....suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grocery Getter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So we are going to install a McGaughy's 3''/5'' lowering kit on my 04' Tahoe tomorrow and I am pretty sure there is going to be some rubbing issues. I am running 305/45/22's-and I am hitting the flaired parts of the fender liners all the way around at stock height from time to time, mostly due to body roll and hard turns. I looked and it seems unavoidable the liner is gonna be rubbing hardcore on the inside of the tire when we drop the rear 5''.

Anyone have any suggestions? Is it horrible to just remove the liners? I live in Arizona so not too much weather to worry about. I am most likely going to just trim them or try and heat them up and reshape them with a heat gun but I thought I'd see if anyone has had to deal with this and found the best solution...........

Thnx.......peace

llcali

Reaction score
I have same problem as well. Would it really be bad to remove them altogether or does someone have pics on what they did to modify the fender liner

Grocery Getter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's all good........

No worries....we did the drop in about 8hrs and I just trimmed the liner with a cutting wheel on my dremmel tool. I still need to do some trimming but rub in very minimal and the drop is wicked!