Electronic Brake Control Module Problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tifferanknee

Reaction score
Hey, newbie here... I purchased a 2001 Tahoe LT a month ago.

I've been looking around to see if I could find some info about this, but I haven't had much luck. I had a very stressful weekend, after having a blowout on a practically brand new tire. I had to use my spare tire, which was a factory 16", the truck has 18's. But anyways, I arrived at work today to hear some odd sounds coming from underneath my truck. I wasn't sure what it was, it sounded like a motor running, but it wasn't coming from under my hood. I was thinking that maybe it had to do with my shocks, since I had the one 16" and the three 18" wheels on, I kept looking until I figured out that it was coming from a little box right under the truck, underneath the driver side seat. We unplugged a cable from it, going to the battery/fuse box and it stopped the motor. I wasn't sure what was going on with it, so I called the local dealership to explain what I was hearing and asked what was up with it. He told me he couldn't tell me for sure what it was without listening, but what I was explaining to him sounded to be the ABS Electronic Brake Control Module(the ABS & the Traction Off lights will not go off), priced at $875.00 uninstalled. :ack:

So my question is, has anyone ever had this problem? Ever had to have it replaced? Do you have any suggestions on what to do?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Sorry I'm not replying with a solution, but my 01 LT has the same problem. One day the EBCM motor starting running constantly so I unplugged it at the EBCM motor. My ABS light is on as well as my "Traction Off" indicator. I didn't want to go straight into purchasing a new EBCM and that not be the problem. Anyway, I'm looking into it, and if I come up with something, I'll let you know.