Subwoofer with OEM Nav?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M6hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
am i able to run a subwoofer along with the OEM nav unit? i will be running a Kicker L7 on its own amp. if i cant what do i need to do? get aftermarket HU or is there another way?

thank you

Gruson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you can.

I believe PAC makes the adapter you need.

I did not install my subwoofer (I had a pro do it) so am not sure how they did it....

lwoodard2008

Reaction score
You will need to get a line converter...if u have factory nav, i wld suspect u also have factory amps. You will need an premium model b/c of the power your factory amps supply. What type of vehicle do you have?

M6hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 08 tahoe ltz. the sub i was gonna run off its own independent amp

M6hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** man you are one of the only people i ever see on the forums... what kind of ride do you have?

lwoodard2008

Reaction score
the line converter will convert your speaker leads to rca's.u can run whatever amp u want..i have a 2000 Chevy Tahoe Z71 Limited 4x4.

M6hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gotcha. now i just need to find the speaker leads and run all the wiring. but first i need to decide on a headunit. right now i have a pioneer f900bt in but i'm not too fond of it. i was thinking of getting a OEM navigation unit or option 3 is wait for my buddy who owns a shop in Cali to receive the new 2009 soundstream HU to give to me to test for him. i've noticed myself trying to use the factory controls on the steering wheel 95% of the time. what a debocal

lwoodard2008

Reaction score
if u already have an aftermarket radio installed...u dont need a line converter...jus plug the rcas into the sub out on the radio

M6hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've heard people having the module to retain the controls but they don't always work. what do you know about them?

lwoodard2008

Reaction score
I no that everyone my shop has installed has worked. We have never had a problem. Contact Peripheral Technical Support and they will give you 100% yes or no answer.