Need to lift 1.5-2" in the front, 2 options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rodrign

Reaction score
:confused:Hi, I just added 26's to my Yukon XL and rub on my left turns. I plan on lifting the front but not to much to where the back sags. I've seen two different options, which would be easier to install?? These brackets that go below your strut tower and give you an option from 1"-2" (depending on how many brackets you add) or the 2" spacers that go above your strut? Which would be easier to install and if you say the brackets should I just do a 1.5" lift.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't have to lift it!
I've seen Escalades, Tahoes and Yukon lowered on 26" wheels and all you have to do is either use a heat gun and adjust the wheel liners or just cut the little area it rubs on.
I suggest using the heat gun to push the rubbing area in, because one can barely tell its modded plus its cheaper and still serves like an OEM wheel liner!

rodrign

Reaction score
I appreicate the heads up on the inner fender wells however I'm also trying to get a more leveled look. I don't wanna lower the back end, i'd rather raise the front but not to the point to wear I sag when I am driving. Im sure I will need to mold the inner wells as well even with the 1.5" lift. My 4's were rubbing a tad. Thanks for the advise! Didn't know I could hit em with a heat gun. :giggling:

fred2002

Reaction score
Any update on the progress of your leveling kit Rodrign?

I have a similar case with my Tahoe & I was looking forward to read some answers from the experts around here.

My Tahoe has a front Bull Bar & to make things worse, I have removed the third row seats....so its weight added to front & removed from rear...

I was trying to decided if i can go with 2" or 1.5" will be enough especially that i don't want to lift the rear....

Any advice would be appreciated.

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreicate the heads up on the inner fender wells however I'm also trying to get a more leveled look. I don't wanna lower the back end, i'd rather raise the front but not to the point to wear I sag when I am driving. Im sure I will need to mold the inner wells as well even with the 1.5" lift. My 4's were rubbing a tad. Thanks for the advise! Didn't know I could hit em with a heat gun. :giggling:

One thing to keep in mind...

The truck is "raked" for a reason. There is a lot of suspension travel and under normal driving conditions, your rear end will squat 2" when you accelerate and keep squatting about 1" while driving down the road after you're up to speed.

While you might want it to look more "level" while the truck is sitting still, it will then look like the rear end is too "low" to everyone you're driving by on the road.

Personally, I like the "raked" look anyway. Looks more agressive... ;)