Don't know what kit to get????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2007tahoe

Reaction score
What's up all, i am new here and looking for advice. I have a 2007 Tahoe and am looking to lower it. I am undecided on what kit to get. It's a lease and I just want to do something simple like changing out the coils. I am looking at the EIbach and the McCaughy kit. Would any one know what would give me the better ride and not so bouncy. All the help would be appreciated.

jetskied

Reaction score
The first question is to ask yourself how low you want to go. The lower you go the stiffer the ride. The next question is if you want to spend more money on spindles or just coils. Spindles will give you a stock ride and maintain better alignment then coils will. Coils will handle better. A third option for the front is belltech lowering shock which uses the stock coil placed lower on the shock. You will still have some alignment issues. I don't have any experiences with the GMT900 springs so it would be hard for me to give an opinon of the ride. I did have belltech stuff on a dually and it rode fine.

2007tahoe

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I am just looking for a 2/3 drop. I really just want to do the coils. I don't mind the alignment but how often do you think I will need to get it realigned? I will be turning the Tahoe back in in about a year and a half. But then again I may buy it. I guess I can do the coils and then buy dpi does later if that's will be a better ride. Now it's what brand of kit to get,eibach or mcgaughy?

K@YM@N

Reaction score
I installed a 2/3 Ground Force kit!!!! which comes with 4 coil springs and 2 shocks, gives you a great ride :thumbsup: and no issues with the alignment!!!! I have 26 inch wheels with minor rubbing but wonderful handling ant no bouncy ride at ALLL!!!!! also the kit should be pretty cheap!!!:yesnod:

2007tahoe

Reaction score
I was just a little worried. I can get the Eibach kit for $270 shipped to me. I do hear alot of great things about the ground force kits, just haven't looked around for those. I have 24's right now and hopefully will be upgrading to 26's within the next couple of months. Thanks for the post and I will take a look at the ground force kits and check out some prices.

NASTY GM

Reaction score
I just took the Ground Force kit off my 2007 Yukon. I'm going to sell the complete kit (4 springs, rear shocks and even the instructions) for $100 (plus shipping). Let me know if your interested :D

JusticePete

Reaction score
Most drop kits require the cutting of bumpstops. We offer a kit that includes low profile bumpstops which would be ideal for a leased vehicle. When it is time to return it you can removes the coils and low profile dampers and reinstall the factory bits.

GMT900 Lowering Kit with 4 Coils and 4 Bumpstops

This system works with the SUV and Avalanche.

2007tahoe

Reaction score
I just took the Ground Force kit off my 2007 Yukon. I'm going to sell the complete kit (4 springs, rear shocks and even the instructions) for $100 (plus shipping). Let me know if your interested :D

How long did you have the kit on your Yukon and why are you selling it?

NASTY GM

Reaction score
I had the kit on my Yukon for about a year and a half. I removed it because I went lower.
Front: Belltech 2" spindles & cut 1/4 of a coil of the stock spring
Rear: Belltech 4" coils

Let me be honest. If you want ride quality go spindles. The spindles ride better than lowering springs ;)

2007tahoe

Reaction score
I had the kit on my Yukon for about a year and a half. I removed it because I went lower.
Front: Belltech 2" spindles & cut 1/4 of a coil of the stock spring
Rear: Belltech 4" coils

Let me be honest. If you want ride quality go spindles. The spindles ride better than lowering springs ;)

That is actually what I really wanted to do. A 2" drop with spindles in front and a 4" drop in the back to make it look more level. Do you have any pics?

NASTY GM

Reaction score
My Yukon doesn't have air ride, so I don't know if it would work if yours does. Maybe contact Ground Force to see if it will work. I'll take some pics this weekend of my ride.

kmg3773

Reaction score
I am in your same boat 2007Tahoe.. I just bought a 2007 Tahoe Lt2 and i plan on doing a 2-3 or a 2-4 drop, but im not sure what to get yet... I orders some 24" wheels, so I def want to drop it... NastyGM, you have the coils or spindles?

2007tahoe

Reaction score
Most drop kits require the cutting of bumpstops. We offer a kit that includes low profile bumpstops which would be ideal for a leased vehicle. When it is time to return it you can removes the coils and low profile dampers and reinstall the factory bits.

GMT900 Lowering Kit with 4 Coils and 4 Bumpstops

This system works with the SUV and Avalanche.

I will probably get spindles for the front. Is it a true 3 " drop for the rear using the rear coils 2425?