Can you fit these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atvkrazy06

Reaction score
On a 2008 Z71 Tahoe, can 35" tires fit with a 2" or even 2.5" leveling kit? Would a spacer be required in the rear? If so how big of a spacer?

DC Tahoe

Reaction score
No, you would at least need a 4" suspension lift and even then might need to do some minor triming. Rancho claims fitment of 35's on their 4" kit alone, but I know for a fact that 2 1/2" leving kit will not clear 35's up front.

Atvkrazy06

Reaction score
Not even with trimming? Because on the new Z71 trucks you can fit 35s with a 2 1/2"...? will 35s fit in the rear?

DC Tahoe

Reaction score
You might be right with the z71, I have the LT with 6 1/2" in front & 7" of lift in rear with 35's and at full lock I had minor rubing in the front while backing up so I did trim some out of the front valance...Maybe It was because I am running the stock 20" rims???...maybe a different offset rim would have cleared better???...good luck and post pics!

Atvkrazy06

Reaction score
I was also thinking it might clear them because the Z71s are almost level when they are stock...? other tahoes are down more in the front. idk but we will see, my tire guy will put 35s on and if they dont fit he will get me some 33s. hoping to fit 35s though.

GMz71

Reaction score
you definently can't fit those....or your looking at a whole lot of cutting. I have 285/55r20s with a +20 back spacing and 2.5" leveling kit and 1" rear spacer. I still rubbed and had to cut out of the fenders. The z71s have no more room than the ltzs in the fenders. You will need either a 4" lift or a body lift with the leveling kit.

Z71s bumpers are just tucked up more than the regular tahoe, so they appear to be more level.

If the 35's dont work out, try maybe 305/65r18s. They are close to 34s....I know they come in BFG All terrains, and I think maybe the Nitto Terragrapplers. Those might be able to fit on with the 2.5" leveling kit.

Be sure to post some pictures when you get them on....

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not correctly. I've put 315/70/17s on the new body trucks and suvs with a leveling kit, coil spacers, and stock wheels, but 35's are all over the fenders especially on an aftermarket wheel with less backspacing and more width. You can trim and it will look good but it's kind of a hack job to make them fit even when done cleanly. I like the look of a 305/60/18 or similar 33" tire that is slightly narrower than 12".