Help with passenger door? Electrial

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluehoe03

Reaction score
I have a 2003 tahoe and went to put the passenger front window down and nothing... then tried all other windows and they work. Back to the front door noticed the lock on that door wouldn't lock either when all other ones were locking and unlocking that one seemed to be dead. tried the mirror on that door and nothing no adjustments would work and no folding in either. however the led arrow for the blinker does come on but everything else in the door is not working at all. is there a fuse for the whole door or what is a good place to start checking for things to diagnose the problem?
This is also affecting when I turn the truck off the radio and stuff used to stay on untill I opened my door and now it turns off immediatly after key is in off position.Thanks for any help on this

Richard

Reaction score
mine is doing the same thing. Anyone out there have a fix?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Check the RAP fuse and relay. This is the only thing I can think of that is related to all the circuits you described and the only reason that would keep just the driver door not working on the 03-up trucks. If you find out, let us know.

Richard

Reaction score
It's the passenger door. Where would I find the RAP fuse and relay?

Thanks for your reply to my post.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
It's the passenger door. Where would I find the RAP fuse and relay?

Thanks for your reply to my post.

Oh yea, passenger door. Sorry I missed that.
There are a few places for the rap relays and fuses.
In the passenger compartment fuse block by the driver's door, you should have two relays. One labeled RAP#1. And the other labeled L BODY. There will also be a fuse labeled RAP#2.
In the engine compartment electrical center, there should be two fuses for the RAP system. They will be in the row at the top with the bigger fuses, labeled RAP#1 and RAP#2.

Richard

Reaction score
I took the truck to my GM dealer and here is what they did for the fix:

"B RH SEAT/POWER WINDOWS AND LOCKS ARE NOT WORKING - DIAG AND ADVISE (PASS FRT SEAT AND PASS FRT DOOR)

EM11 SCAN TEST AND INITIAL DIAGNOSIS. RECORD TEST RESULTS. REPROGRAMING MODULES, KEYS AND KEY FOBS EXTRA IF REQUIRED .5

REPROGRAM POWER DOOR MODULE .8

182138 THE PASS DOOR MODULE HAD LOCKED UP. MODULE BEGAN WORKING PROPERLY AFTER REMOVING PDM FUSE FOR A FEW SECONDS. FOUND NEW PROGRAMMING FOR THE PDM LOCKING UP. REPROGRAMMED THE PDM AND NOW ALL FUNCTIONS ON PASS SIDE ARE WORKING."

You need a GM scan tool to do this - they are about 3 grand. Unless someone can give me an idea of how to get my hands on a scan tool for a WHOLE lot less - this problem is not for the "do-it-yourselfer".

BTW - I did a bunch of research on the net - GM is aware of the lock-up problem with the passenger doors on these vehicle - just as they are with the intermediate steering shaft issue. Way to go GM! Why not just do the right thing and recall these units and fix them at no cost?

-Richard

viv1228

Reaction score
Richard:

I'm having the same problem. How much did it cost to fix? Since you say that GM is aware of the problem, I wonder if I should just wait for a recall. It is a real pain to manually lock those passenger doors.

Richard

Reaction score
I don't recall - I had other work done as well. The reprogramming was maybe $150? Good luck waiting for a recall. GM should have recalled the intermediate steering shaft - I paid for that to to get it replaced too.